Twins....anyone?

I

Indigo77

Well, I am going to ignore most of the article I just read, and instead share an interesting tidbit....

Age 35 to 39 is also when women are most likely to have twins — even without the fertility treatments that raise the odds for multiple births — of women at any other age. Typically, you release one egg a cycle. But as you get older, your FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone) level increases. When this hormonal surge occurs, there's a chance that you may release more than one egg during a cycle, upping the odds of a multiple birth. So while older women are statistically less likely to get pregnant, if they do get pregnant, they're more likely to have twins.

:baby::baby:

:shock:
All children are a blessing but I don't know if I would have the energy..:sleep:

I'll be completely okay with twins. I can't believe I'm saying that, but for me, personally, it would ease a lot of my fears about the ability to successfully get pregnant twice over 40. If I could have two kids in one fell swoop, I'd be great with that.

I think. :shock:

Of course, none of you should mention this to my SO. :rofl:

i always thought i'd go mad if i had twins, but, as shelley said, now that i got to 40 and still haven't had my first, i started to think that maybe it's not so bad.

i know, i'm mad.

I might be ok with it if I had some support from family, but we don't have any family where we live. A few more tidbits...

Increase your weight. While this may not sound very appealing, it is scientifically proven that women with a Body Mass Index over 30 have a significantly greater chance of having twins. This may also help your chances of having boys. There is a study that linked women who ate more calories and who ate breakfast (specifically cereal) to an increased chance of having a boy.

Eat yams. Studies show that twin rates are higher in populations that eat large quantities of yams. This is thought to be because yams contain a chemical which can cause hyperovulation thus increasing the chances of having twins.

Eat and drink dairy products. Eating a diet that includes dairy will make you five times more likely to have twins than eating or drinking no dairy products at all according to a 2006 study. This is thought to be the result of growth hormones given to cows reacting with a woman's hormones which increases ovulation.

I like these findings Indigo :thumbup: I would love twins :)

Now lets see my chance of a multiple: BMI over 30 - check; age 40 -check?; yams in diet -check; dairy food - check; cereal for breakfast - check :D

Right off to top up on Ben & Jerry's to ensure enough dairy in my diet :laugh2:

I'll show my DH this thread later and watch him go pale especially with your prediction Indigo :D

I like these findings Indigo :thumbup: I would love twins :)

Now lets see my chance of a multiple: BMI over 30 - check; age 40 -check?; yams in diet -check; dairy food - check; cereal for breakfast - check :D

Right off to top up on Ben & Jerry's to ensure enough dairy in my diet :laugh2:

I'll show my DH this thread later and watch him go pale especially with your prediction Indigo :D

Wow me too indigo ,I love it,rite that's me eating two helpings of cereal and ice-cream today ,I wud love,love ,love twins,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just imagine two wee faces smiling up at you every day,awk bless :baby::baby: pass me the ice-cream:happydance::hugs::hugs:

Wow - this is really interesting. I always thought that having twins was either purely genetic as in 'there are twins in the family' or the result of fertility treatment. But I guess everyone must have twins somewhere - the human race has been around for a long time and so twins will pop up every so often! However I didn't realise that there had been such extensive research and findings into the possible causes of multiple births. That said about 20 years ago there was a massive increase of twins (particularly twin boys) in the town where I grew up and I think there was a study commissioned to find out why but I never found out the results.

Would I like twins? Maybe. I find them fascinating, particularly identical ones. I guess it must be tough at times being a twin because they are two different individuals but society often likes to lump them together as one.

It would be hard work and not mention expensive but hey, what can you do, give one away? :haha: We'd just get on with it!

Well DH said he would be very happy if I was to have twins, triplets or even quads :D

He's just popped out to pick up some dog food and brought back Ben & Jerrys as it is half price (at Tescos for all the UK ladies). I think he may want a multiple birth :D

OH BOY! I LOVE the commercial where the gal tells her husband she's been shopping smart (credit card commercial). While opening the door to the babies room she's telling him to expect bigger and there sits 3 of everything. Then the poor man faints!

Seriously, I don't know how I'd feel about twins. I just may faint in the Dr's office if I was told there were two babies!

Well DH said he would be very happy if I was to have twins, triplets or even quads :D

He's just popped out to pick up some dog food and brought back Ben & Jerrys as it is half price (at Tescos for all the UK ladies). I think he may want a multiple birth :D

What a sweet, loving, fun gesture! :hugs:

He is sweet. He did hand it over and say "if we have 2 boys we can call them Ben & Jerry" :rofl:

He is sweet. He did hand it over and say "if we have 2 boys we can call them Ben & Jerry" :rofl:

LOL! I love the telling of little happy moments like this. It's these things that make life so grand!

I don't know if I could survive a multiple pregnancy..
Pregnancy is alot harder the older I have gotten:wacko:

I have heard of that before, so thanks for the info :thumbup:
Ideally I would like one child at a time, but if I was blessed with 2 beanies I would be happy...I work from home and hubby works out of the home 3 days a week so I think we could cope.
My FSH was in the normal range (5) anyone else high?
but I do eat cereal and a lot of dairy!
I would quite like a boy as my family is full of girls so that part was interesting too :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->