Twins!!

AllStar

Pregnant
Reaction score
Hello! Found out at dating scan on Monday that it's twins!! We already have 3 lovely little ones, managed to persuade dh to have one more and we get two! :haha: I know nothing about twin pregnancies/births so been googling which isn't always a good idea!

Anyone else here having twins?

I have no twin experience, but double congratulations!! Xxxxxx

No experience, but huge congratulations! Do you know if they are identical or fraternal yet? I think identical twins carry more risks, depending on how the specific arrangement is. (Separate sacs, or whatever.) But chances are that everything is great. What an exciting blessing!

Congrats! Di-di twins here :) They're both girls so we won't know if ours are identical or fraternal until they're born.

Are you freaking out yet?! I was so relieved we got our twins as #2 and #3 rather than #3 and #4 (we wanted 3 kiddos eventually).

I'm excited for you! Have your twin symptoms been any different than your singletons?

Congrats! We have twins here too. We're not finding out about the genders though, team yellow all the way.

Thanks everyone. They are di-di twins. We will find out what they are in a few weeks hopefully. I was extremely sick this time round, more so than any other pregnancy and still get super tired but I just thought that was because I had 3 others to take care of this time!

We've told family and friends but don't know when you announce further. The kids go back to school next week and it's obvious I'm pregnant, do I just tell anyone that mentions it it's twins? Lol

How can you NOT tell them it's twins! It's SO exciting! Ours are di-di as well and will be #2 & 3 for us. We'll have 3 kids under 2!:wacko:

That's what I thought! Plus I'm so huge, it at least explains that haha! And the kids know so they'll be telling their friends I'm sure. I'm just worried about something going wrong but I guess I just need to try relax and enjoy it. Dh wants to put it on Fb but I'm hesitant lol we don't get another scan until 20 weeks, I'd rather wait til after then I think?

That's what I thought! Plus I'm so huge, it at least explains that haha! And the kids know so they'll be telling their friends I'm sure. I'm just worried about something going wrong but I guess I just need to try relax and enjoy it. Dh wants to put it on Fb but I'm hesitant lol we don't get another scan until 20 weeks, I'd rather wait til after then I think?

Why are you nervous? You've made it past the 12 week mark:thumbup: Normally you'd have very high chances now to live birth unless you have a known condition that compromises things. At 20 weeks you'll not have to say anything, you'll have quite a lovely bump! It'll be the size of 2 bananas or 2 mangos in there. Tough to hide:haha:

I share your reservations but I'm sure you will make the right decisions about announcing for you. I told people it was twins when they found out I was pregnant but I waited until our midpregnancy anatomy scan to announce on Facebook. On the other hand, a cousin announced her twin pregnancy on Facebook midway through the first trimester and that worked great for her! I'm sure you'll make a great decision.

Congratulations! Di-di twins here too! Both girls and #1 and 2 for us. We just told everyone it was twins, thought about pretending it was just one and then surprising everyone but just couldn't keep it a secret!

Pregnant with didi twin girls here. They will be #2 and #3 as I have a 4 year old little boy too. We told all family and friends after my 12 week scan. I'm so excited and it's sunk in that I'm going to have 2 newborns at once!

Why are you nervous? You've made it past the 12 week mark:thumbup: Normally you'd have very high chances now to live birth unless you have a known condition that compromises things. At 20 weeks you'll not have to say anything, you'll have quite a lovely bump! It'll be the size of 2 bananas or 2 mangos in there. Tough to hide:haha:

You're right, if there was only one in there I would announce after the 12 week scan without hesitation. Both babies looked great on the scan and they were happy that all my previous pregnancies had gone smoothly/to term so hopefully it'll be similar this time.

Ladies who have had singletons before, are you finding twin pregnancy different?

This pregnancy is so different! I never felt this pregnant with my son, not even when I was over due. It does literally feel like being double pregnant haha xx

I'm more tired in the evenings however I have night feedings to do for my 10 month old. So thatcan make a person tired too. And I never ever get ms and I do feel nausea with some meals these days. I have to stop eating half way through otherwise I'd lose my lunch. With pregnancy #1 I just felt there wasn't mych tummy room to eat so I'd have rach meal over a 2-3 hour period, eating very slowly to fit it all in. I also had 2 sch withrgis pregnancy and couldn't work out the first 3 months so now my body feels like a sac of jelly and I feel winded just walking. I've been getting back onto the gym these past few weeks and it's starting to feel better. I think my first pregnancy/delivery/recovery was super easy because I worked out rhe entire pregnancy.

This pregnancy is so different! I never felt this pregnant with my son, not even when I was over due. It does literally feel like being double pregnant haha xx

This! I'm not quite as big as when dd was born, but really close and my babies are only 1 lb each at 21 weeks.

I also have terrible breathlessness and fatigue that didn't lift until 18 weeks for me, neither of which I had with my singleton. BUT it's pretty cool to feel two babies kicking. They were both dancing on my bladder during inservice this morning though :)

Thanks ladies. I've been a lot more tired this time but having a toddler and 2 others plus it being school holidays has probably contributed to that! I'm excited to feel them both moving around.

Thanks ladies, you have definitely reassured me and made me more excited! My 4 year old little girl drew a picture of me today with 2 babies in my tummy, we were thinking it would be good to use for the Facebook announcement lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->