Two Faints and a Negative

ShaunRyan

Reaction score
Hi All,

So this is actually the DH here posting for my wife trying to keep an optimistic attitude in the situation for her.

This last Saturday (10 DPO) we had taken a FRER test in the evening. At first glance we thought the test was a BFN however there was a extremely faint almost invisible line that we had to squint to see in the right light, the line doesn't even show on camera, my wife actually didn't see it and thought I was just trying too hard for a line to be there, just my imagination.

Thought maybe an evap line however yesterday (12 DPO) and 1 day after expected AF she took a second FRER in the evening once more. This time the line was more defined, very very faint but we both could see it in the right light, and the line shows on camera if we adjust contrast or brightness a bit. I do not believe this was an evap line as it appeared within a minute or two of taking the test.

For a change we took a 3rd FRER but this time with fmu instead of evening (now 13 DPO). There was no line, not even a faint line, no evap line, nothing, it is completely BFN.

Have any women here experienced this same scenario? Two very faint possible positives followed by a third negative with the same brand test?

She has had symptoms such as really sore breasts for the last few days and has felt very tired. On 6DPO she had strong cramping in her left side almost where her ovaries would be and lasted all day (only that one day) however yesterday she has had a bit more cramping this time more defined on the right side. These may be AF symptoms but just wishful thinking. :thumbup:

Thank you all,

Welcome :wave:

She's not out til AF shows. I would try a different brand test tomorrow.

The Amazon reviews for the new style FRER (curvy handle) are pretty scathing and lots mention both false positives and false negatives so maybe avoid those if you can. The old style FRER are said to be better.

Welcome :wave:

She's not out til AF shows. I would try a different brand test tomorrow.

The Amazon reviews for the new style FRER (curvy handle) are pretty scathing and lots mention both false positives and false negatives so maybe avoid those if you can. The old style FRER are said to be better.

Thanks. The curvy handle one is what we used. We have a unopened box of clear blue digital. She says she will wait a couple days and take the digital.

I have always found FRER progress pretty well, so 2 days from the first one thete should really be something more definite, especially if she's now officially late.
Best of luck though.

Sounds like a plan :)

Let us know how you get on!

Same happen when we had a chemical pregnancy. Only faint lines then nothing. I took the new one today on day of period and it came out clearly positive. If you question the test get a blood one done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->