TWW is doing my head in

:haha: tell me about it! I'm desperately trying to posh myself up a bit as I'm a terrible snob and don't want my daughter growing up with that kind of accent! :rofl:

Oh I do agree - that saaarrf Landan accent is not posh!!!
Born and bred Saffie (South African) here!!! So none of the Gravesend/south london accent on me!!! DF loves my saffie accent!!
He is always ripping me off about the way I say certain words - 'off' is one of them. He keeps 'reminding' me that off doesnt have an 'r' in it.
I know that - I'm a teacher!!! :haha:

My plan to make a posh child has so far failed. Our boiler broke down earlier this week and yesterday the plumber came to fix it. My daughter greeted him at the door with a chipper "Hello that man! My got poo poo in my napnap!" AWWWWWKWARD. When I said to her "I don't think the man really wants to hear about your poo poo" she simply looked crestfallen and said "oh bugger" (I don't swear in front of her, so gawd knows where she got that from!) :dohh:

Elksi - your daughter cracks me up!!!
:rofl:
Reminds me of a friends son. Oneday are nursery his teacher was talking with the children about words that start with 'f'!! You can just imagine what he came out with - yup 'fuck starts with 'f''!!! :rofl:

My plan to make a posh child has so far failed. Our boiler broke down earlier this week and yesterday the plumber came to fix it. My daughter greeted him at the door with a chipper "Hello that man! My got poo poo in my napnap!" AWWWWWKWARD. When I said to her "I don't think the man really wants to hear about your poo poo" she simply looked crestfallen and said "oh bugger" (I don't swear in front of her, so gawd knows where she got that from!) :dohh:

Oh bugger is a swear word? :rofl:
I couldn't tell south London from south anything else -but I do love to listen!
I imagine it like when I say I am from New York and they reply you don't sound like it....we no...not when you live 2 hours north in New York State not the city

What an intelligent little man, skweek :haha:

Bonnie - yeah bugger would be considered a swear, is it not considered rude in the US? How funny the differences between places!

Nope it would be almost cute.
"aww what a little bugger"

It is neat to see the differences
We call nappies diapers
Nappies is much cuter sounding lol

I imagine it like when I say I am from New York and they reply you don't sound like it....we no...not when you live 2 hours north in New York State not the city

Most Brits think Manhatten equals NY....but NY state is huge, isn't it!

I have been to Manhatten, been twice, I absolutely adore it!!

You don't have a Noi Joisey accent then...I watch too many US crime shows!! :happydance:

Yup, that little man is so intelligent!!

'Oh bugger' - in SA is just an expression, not a swear word at all. You can imagine my shock at learning this after using the expression in a class one day!! The kids expressions were a sight!:rofl:
The teaching assistant quiet explained the kids reaction to me later! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->