TWW JOURNEY. OPKs/HPTs

babymoore89

Reaction score
New here to posting, but I have been stalking this site for a month...these past few days more than ever since we are TTC.

Anywho...I just wanted to post some updated information because I googled this question and found answers from years ago. The question is: could a faint line on an opk indicate pregnancy?

Many people will say 'no' it has to be a dark line...and that opks cannot detect pregnancy before a hpt can. However, if you are one of those rare cases like me this is not true.

I took a HPT on 7DPO and it was negative. 8DPO I took 2 hpts in the Am and they both were neg (to me). I threw a packet in my purse and it was until I was getting ready to test I noticed it was an opk. I tested anyways and it had a faint line. I took another one that evening alond with a first response and the hpt was neg, opk faint positive.

So today 9DPO I just so happen to look in the trash bin and seen 2 lines on my hpt, the test line very faint although. So i decided to take an opk with SMU and it was still a faint positive. At 146 I took a hpt and a faint line came up after 10 mins (which I figured might be an evap line). Fed up with this, I went and purchased a clearblue digi and tested again. 'pregnant' showed up within one min.

I said all that to say this, my OPK picked up my hcg before an hpt test did. Also, a digi test picked up my hcg before one of the "more sensitive" line tests. GOOD LUCK TO ALL TTC!

Well congratulations. Yeah I spoke to my doc the other day who told me opks are more sensitive and to be honest I am guilty of doing that we I run out of hpts lol. Did you get any signs before you tested or any cramping? X

I got cramping around O. Nothing but cravings for the past week. I noticed I was a bit more tired so I thought I would test and it worked out. What stage of the ttc process are you in?

Dpo 9 so testing in 3 days already got a few bfn's but a few positive opks spoke to my doc about it but I might poas opk today just to see lol only have a few hpts left I remember when I was pg last time I had no symptoms at all it took a few wks for cramps to start, but each pg is different. I've had a few cramps and on off pressure on cervix which makes me think it's not worked again but who knows eh?

did opk last night test line much darker than the main line did do hpts, i think i have extremely faint lines but you can barely see it so looks promising but dont want to get my hopes up going to test tomorrow

Sorry for the late response, its been crazy over here!

How did your testing come out? Did you get your BFP??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->