TWW starts today! Who's with me?!

Torres it's so lovely to hear from you. Hope you've had a pleasant time with the in-laws x

Hi ladies!!

Just a quick check in as I had an appt today! I am not dilated or effaced at all!! Dr. is pretty sure baby is head down!! They do another internal check in 2 weeks when I'm 38 weeks or if I start having lots of contractions - which I don't think I've had a single one yet!! I have a feeling baby boy is going to be in for the long haul!!

I'm getting super overwhelmed with all the stuff that needs to be done. I feel I won't have the time to do everything. Anxiety is going through the roof. Trying to stay calm but it's just not happening. I'm starting to try to get things done so I can relax but hubby is so freaking busy that he's not around to help. School is over soon and he graduates in like 2 weeks so crunch time is now! Sorry for the quick vent!

xoxo

Argh! So will he be around more in two weeks? Just make w/lots of lists so he can see what still needs done, so that if you're right and baby is comfy then he can hit the ground running with lots of help when he's done.
I'm so excited for you, try find something that will help you relax :hugs:

Wow snow. I can't believe they checked you so early! I wouldn't really expect you to be dilated yet. Did they say why they checked so early?
Are you on mat leave yet? Try not to panic about getting everything done. Like bump said, get a list ready for hubby to see. And even if baby comes early, don't worry, he won't know everything isn't "ready". :)
How are you feeling? You're in the home stretch! I can't believe how fast time is flying by. It legit feels like last week when we were all ttc! Do you have any sort of birth plan?

Bump - how are you feeling chica? Is your little princess kicking up a storm? Have you started the nursery? Picked out a name?

Leinz - how are the girls? How's your house coming along? Still lots to do? As I'm sure you saw, I'm now following you on twitter!

Afm - Amelia went for a check up on Friday - she's doing great! Up to 11lbs 2ozs. There is a long story I have to update you all on, but I'm having a cuddle with my girls so I'll do it soon.

Babyhopes - if you read this, you're in my thoughts and I hope all is well. Big hugs.

Hope you're story is a happy one :thumbup:

We have a shortlist of names Torres, so getting there. She has busy days and quiet days, has me worrying. My right foot is really swollen, swollen so trying to keep it up, not as easy as it should be!

Why is your foot so swollen?
Amelia had very quiet days that had me freaking, so I totally get it. As long as she meets the min requirement she's good! Always trust your instinct though!

Amelia is eating right now so it's hard to type one handed so I'll just give the short version! She was born with a broken right clavicle, due to the shoulder dystocia. It wasn't obvious at first, but after a couple of days the area started to swell and go black and blue, so we brought her to our family Dr when she was a few days old. He suggested sending her for a x-ray, but we decided against it. We have been bringing her weekly to see him and he said she is fine (no nerve damage, it seems to be healing very well) but we stil had to bring her to be assessed by a physiotherapist as she was tilting her head to the one side (away from the break). We now have to do some stretches with her at home to loosen up the muscles on her right side of her neck. She doesn't seem to mind them which is great! The physiotherapist thinks the stretches will be enough to correct it (we've already seen improvement), but there is a possibility that she made need paediatric physio in a couple of months.

Aw the poor wee soul :hugs: Glad she's improving all the time though :thumbup:

It's fluid retention, suppose my ankle, more than foot, it's sore to walk on. Feel like those pregnancy symptoms are really kicking in now!

Aw the poor wee soul :hugs: Glad she's improving all the time though :thumbup:

It's fluid retention, suppose my ankle, more than foot, it's sore to walk on. Feel like those pregnancy symptoms are really kicking in now!

So glad she is OK and you guys will be able to repair it what seems pretty easily. Kisses to her! My check was just routine - I guess they figure since they are doing the Strep B test they might as well go in and see if anything is going on. They do it at 36 weeks and then not again til 38 unless I happen to have lots of contractions.

Hope your swollenness has gone down a bit One Bump. As of today, I couldn't get my wedding rings on my fingers. Little piggy fingers now. I took your advice and made a list for hubby. It reallly helped so thank you so much for the idea. And we are slowly widdling it down - he was able to help a ton this weekend!!

Can't believe that I am full term on Thursday. Where has the time gone!!?? So excited. Still no contractions or anything indicating that he's coming soon. Just staying patient - I know he is better off inside then outside. I'd like to have him as close to 40 weeks as possible bc I know it is the best for him. Gonna be a busy weekend - family is all coming in from NY for hubby's graduation!! Time to celebrate!! Hubby also got a new job and starts next Monday. We are so excited - all our hard struggles and dedication these past few years to get here has paid off - it is a dream job for hubby.

Aw Snow,big congrats to your hubby :happydance:

The swelling did go down, but it's back. Oh well. I can't believe it's nearly time Snow...your wee baby will be in your arms in no time :cloud9:

Snowflakes- Eeeeeek! You're about to be a new Mommy! Everything will work itself out. :)

Torres: Amelia will be just fine! Poor baby! I'm glad that you both are ok. My friends baby is also having therapy for her neck. Glad to have you following on Twitter. DH got me into it.

Onebump: Must be a :pink: thing! Zoela had many quiet days too. I would try all kinds of things to get her moving! Happy 3rd Trimester! Not long now! :)

One Bump - Congrats on 3rd tri!! Final stretch of the road!!

Awe I see you girls are following each other on twitter. I don't have twitter but I do have Facebook. I'll be y'all friends - I feel like I "know" y'all. If you know what I mean.... Just let me know I'll PM you guys my name and stuff so we can be friends if you want!! ;)

Had an appt today. Was hoping for a check but they don't start til next week so I'll just have to be patient for another week. Boo!! Everything is still going fine. No issues. Baby is head down. Dr. said baby won't be big but I wasn't really expecting that as I am quite small myself. I still keep telling myself that baby will be late!!

:hiya: Snow, all sounds good, this last wee bit seems to be dragging!
I'll pm you :)

You can both friend me. It would be wonderful as I have a hard time keeping up on BNB! :)

I got all you girls on FB now! xo

One bump - Sure is dragging is right!! Hope you are doing well. Are you working on nursery yet or anything?

I had my weekly appt this AM. Super bummed. I am not dilated (dr. even said cervix was closed) and my effacement is "nothing to write home about" (no clue on that!) So I think baby boy isn't going to be coming soon. I do want him to stay in closer to 40 weeks but was hoping for some sort of progression at least. I just hope my body does what it is supposed to but wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't because it has let me down so much in the past!! They did do a super quick like 5 sec US and he is def head down - at least that was good news. Just hanging out and being patient for the time being!

Well head down sounds good at least.
To think that within a month you'll be holding your baby is pretty exciting!

I'm just a moan at the minute, feel like a whale and really sore always!

Snow - I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone! Like Bump said - he will be in your arms within a months time!
I imagine it was disappointing to hear that you are not dialated, but you can go from nothing to having a baby later that same day, so it doesn't really mean too much. With DD #1, I was 0 on my check on Wednesday, 2cm on Thursday (I was going to the hospital almost daily due to BP), and was 2 1/2 when I was finally induced on the Sunday.
And you're right to want to have him closest to 40 weeks as possible. Even though you are considered full term at 37 weeks, it is much better for the baby to stay in those extra three weeks! I'm so excited for you!!!! Has your ob discussed a plan of action if you go over?

Bump - I sympathize with you about being a moan - I was the same. Don't worry though love, all the aches and discomfort go away and you are left with the love of your life!

Leinz - I can't get enough of your girls on fb! They are so adorable!

Things are good here. Amelia is 2 months today! She has a bit of a cold though so I'm putting off her shots till it's gone.
I fall more and more in love with her everyday. Her personality is starting to show and when she smiles, her eyes smile in the most beautiful way imaginable!
Her collar bone is mostly healed. She still has a bump, but the dr said that will be there for probably a few years.

Kellan Michael was born on May 25 at 6:20pm. 7.8 pds and 20.5". We are so in love already!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->