Type1 Insulin Pumpers & pregnant?? Any advice

hey louisac, ive been fighting with my retinopathy and laser treatment these past couple of weeks, my bloods are still fairly low too considering im 25 weeks now, still waiting for resistance to kick in......have my first growth scan in 3 weeks :) we shall see if shes going to be big or not.
I have also been guzzling lucozade, think i went through 3 litre bottles last week :-\

I can completely sympathise!

Is it bad to be looking forward to resistance?

How did the laser treatment go? Hope all is now well. I had my eyes screened in clinic again today and the Drs are happy with them at the minute, but they're very unhappy with the BMs, thing is they look at me as though I'm doing something deliberately to hurt baby - which just hurts when I'm there, working my ar$e off to try and stay stable. :shrug:

Fingers crossed for the growth scan!

No its not bad to look forward to some resistance, although its harder for me to get it down than swagging some lucozade to boost it up abit lol

It is a pain though....

I've got to go back at the end og march for more laser :nope: but I'm actually hoping he is going to say to leave it till after baby is born....its quite alot of work that needs doing and it means numbing both eyes fully, which stresses me out just thinking about it.

Sorry your doctors make you feel like that hun, don't they get we are doing our best, I would love to give them type1 for a few years and see how they feel when they come out with some stupid comments.....my doctor is good but I'm sure I've had diabetes at least 10 years more than she's been out of school!!!

I find it quite frustrating, I know they are "the professionals" but we know our bodies better than anyone so keep doing your best and don't feel bad about it :flower:

hey louisac, ive been fighting with my retinopathy and laser treatment these past couple of weeks, my bloods are still fairly low too considering im 25 weeks now, still waiting for resistance to kick in......have my first growth scan in 3 weeks :) we shall see if shes going to be big or not.
I have also been guzzling lucozade, think i went through 3 litre bottles last week :-\

I can completely sympathise!

Is it bad to be looking forward to resistance?

How did the laser treatment go? Hope all is now well. I had my eyes screened in clinic again today and the Drs are happy with them at the minute, but they're very unhappy with the BMs, thing is they look at me as though I'm doing something deliberately to hurt baby - which just hurts when I'm there, working my ar$e off to try and stay stable. :shrug:

Fingers crossed for the growth scan!

No its not bad to look forward to some resistance, although its harder for me to get it down than swagging some lucozade to boost it up abit lol

It is a pain though....

I've got to go back at the end og march for more laser :nope: but I'm actually hoping he is going to say to leave it till after baby is born....its quite alot of work that needs doing and it means numbing both eyes fully, which stresses me out just thinking about it.

Sorry your doctors make you feel like that hun, don't they get we are doing our best, I would love to give them type1 for a few years and see how they feel when they come out with some stupid comments.....my doctor is good but I'm sure I've had diabetes at least 10 years more than she's been out of school!!!

I find it quite frustrating, I know they are "the professionals" but we know our bodies better than anyone so keep doing your best and don't feel bad about it :flower:

Thanks hun,

I know my DSN was actually doing a paper on pumps when I was switched on, so she actually went through the saline stage with me - she was fed up by the end of the week! So I know that she appreciates how difficult it can be, albeit without the BMs, hypos and hypers and now the general pregnancy stuff thrown in as well!

I'm glad its not just me who is sat their in appointments, thinking along the lines of..."surely you went to university....surely you know that patients are meant to read the information leaflets with medications....surely you've just heard what you've said to me??? No, OK then, well we all know where you graduated in the class!" :nope:

I'm hopefully going onto CGM soon, so I'll see if that helps, don't think I'll want to give it back after the baby's born though!

I hope things go well with the retinopathy and that they give you a break. :hugs:

Hi Everyone :hi:

Not been on this thread for a long time....was wondering how some of you were getting on :) I know some of us are on the other thread for type 1's before preg...anyways if your about then bob us an update as its always nice to see how you are getting on :flower:

Thought I would bump this thread as I couldnt find any Type 1 diabetic threads about at the moment...and I am sure there are some out there that will find this helpful in some way or possibly seek others for advice xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->