Typical....

Pearls18

Reaction score
DS2 is getting christened later this month, we were going to hire a hall but we had to cut back on numbers due to family illness, I had a figure of 26 invited but assumed at least 3 of the couples wouldn't come so we thought we would just do the after celebrations at home. Of course everyone has RSVP'd to come...I can guarantee if we did the hall fewer people would have done and we would have rattled around in it!

We have a semi detached with separate living and dining room which are good sizes, kitchen isn't really mingle-able. We've got enough seating for 14 people inside, then about another 6 outside hopefully in a good sized garden if the weather is ok.

Is this going to be a nightmare if not everyone can sit.......? No-one is in dire need of seating, obviously hubby, DS1 and I won't need a seat...I think it would be ok if it didn't rain.

is there no local church/community halls you can hire for cheap at late notice?

Or look on facebook sites see if any one got some cheap garden chairs or a camping gazebo just in case in a bit drizzly?

Or Ikea do folding chairs for like £5 each - grab a few of them.

we had a bad experience using a venue for our sons christening last month :( the owner agreed we could decorate the night before and then pop in in the morning to put up balloons and drop the cake off...

he went back on his agreement so when we turned up in the morning he really shouted at us and told us his dog would bite our arm off :/

id work away to be able to do it at home - we researched loads of venues and they were all very awkward - one told us they would come and throw our food away after 2 hours :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->