Typing through tears, ectopic pregnancy ?

rachellh08

Reaction score
So I am only 21, but have always had low progesterone and never had preiods.
So When I got side pains and saw Ecoptic pregnancy as a reason, I immediatly thought this isnt it..

Well then I found out I was pregnant because of a home pregnancy test, and me and my boyfriend went to the ER immediatly. The ER told me I wasn't pregnant (too early I guess) but the next day medwell said my HCG was at 98.

2 days later, I was in more pain in my LEFT side and my HCG was 200.
So they did an ultrasound and found "abnormal tissue in the right fallopian tube" and nothing in the uterus.

My HCG has been doubling as it should, which is a good sign, but I am just so scared that I am going to lose my miracle (NOTHING has ever started my periods)

I Know my HCG is only at 200 so they couldnt see anything on an ultrasound of the uterus but they said it has more effect on the tubes than the utuerus so it might be showing effects already..

I see the doctor again tommorow :( I will have to miss some class.

Im dedicating this song to my baby, who I am so afraid will die, but I love so much

Heart beats fast Colors and promises, How to be brave, How can I love when I'm afraid To fall,
But watching you stand alone All of my doubt Suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you Darlin' don't be afraid I have loved you for a Thousand years I'll love you for a Thousand more
Time stands still beauty in all she is I will be brave I will not let anything Take away What's standing in front of me Every breath, Every hour has come to this
One step closer
I have died everyday Waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you for a Thousand years
I'll love you for a Thousand more
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought Your heart to me I have loved you for a Thousand years
One step closer One step closer
I have died everyday Waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid, I have loved you for aThousand years
And all along I believed I would find you Time has brought Your heart to me I have loved you for a Thousand years I'll love you for a Thousand more

I AM SO SCARED.

I'm so sorry you are going through all of this...how far along do you think you are? I hope everything goes well at the doctor's tomorow.

I am so very, very sorry you are going through this. It is a beautiful song...

Please don't give up hope, it seems really early to see anything. As for future babies, just because you don't have periods doesn't mean you can't get pregnant (as you've proven). I would find a good reproductive endocrinologist. I don't have periods, but there are many drugs on the market that stimulate ovulation (monitored via ultrasound) and are very successful.

Best of luck at your doctor's appt. I hope everything is okay.

I have heard im 2-3 and 3-4 weeks along, my Hcg is doubling everyday and was only at 200 at the time of the ultrasound. but they said it rises slowly in the tubes so it could be a lot futher along than the HCG suggest.

If your hcg is doubling every day, that could be a really good sign! I don't know much about ectopics, but i think they are often detected by low doubling times. Good luck

I think no worry about you will get what ever you want. Wish you good luck to you. . .!!!

Let us know how you get on. Fx everything will be okay x

i read somewhere that ectopic pregnancies usually have larger than normal HCG readings but maybe i'm wrong.

Good luck my dear

I'm sorry that you're going through this. Thinking of you x

i read somewhere that ectopic pregnancies usually have larger than normal HCG readings but maybe i'm wrong.

Good luck my dear

Its actually lower than normal reading because the growth is restricted by the tube. Molar pregnancies can often generate high readings. :flower:

Anyway, to the OP, with an hcg level of 200 it would be difficult to see a pregnancy in the tube or uterus. With the numbers doubling though it could be a good sign as neither of my ectopics showed numbers doubling. Did they test your progesterone also (although this may not be relevant if you have low progesterone anyway) because ectopics often have low progesterone readings that might be falling.

Did they check you for a corpus luteum cyst? I had a massive cyst on the opposite ovary to the ectopic and the pain was incredible. I never actually had much pain with the ectopics, even at 7 weeks. It was more like a dull pressure like someone was blowing up a balloon inside.

Have you had any spotting? The sure fire sign for me of the ectopics was spotting but specifically purple colour, not dark red/brown - PURPLE like prune juice. That is apparently blood from the tubes.

Wishing you and your bean all the best.

Oh i'm so sorry - really praying that this is just a blip and that your bean is growing well and in the right place xxx

The Doctor today told me that it was cysts in my tubes that would not affect my baby :) Ultrasound on Friday to see the sac, hopefully its where it should be, ive had lots of pain on the left side but my HCG is rising correctly.

So sorry you are going through this.
i remember reading your other posts about this being your miracle baby because you never thought you could get pregnant.
I hope everything works out well for you.
praying for you.
good luck

The Doctor today told me that it was cysts in my tubes that would not affect my baby :) Ultrasound on Friday to see the sac, hopefully its where it should be, ive had lots of pain on the left side but my HCG is rising correctly.

Yay! Great news. I've had cysts, painful but harmless. Pretty common if you don't have periods. It definitely explains the pain. I bet you've never been happier to have such a diagnosis. Your miracle baby continues to be a miracle. :happydance:

Oh i am so happy to hear that!! I hope your us goes well and you can see your little bean.

:D That's great news! Are the doctors pleased and is your mind slightly more at rest now?

Hope so xxx

I wish it were at ease. I just found out yesterday I have extremely low progesterone which i have told them I have a history of since a week ago. They put me on supplements but Im five weeks 2 days along and am afraid its too late :(
I TOLD THEM i have low progesterone from the beginning, and they didnt listen. THIS IS probably why i have never had periods.

So sorry - sounds very frustrating. I also have low progesterone, which is why I don't have periods. The good news is that you've made it this far! You only have 3 or 4 (long) weeks to go until the placenta starts to take over. At least you have supplements now which will quickly kick in. While low progesterone is bad, many women pull through. There is a great chance everything will work out. As hard as it is, try not to stress too much. Do some things for yourself and have people around you lay on the pampering. Reducing your stress is good for baby. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->