ugggh... just ranting!

Cvining

Reaction score
ok, so i know i should have been prepared for them and i know that it just comes with the joys of being a mother... but i discovered the first few stretch marks today... totally broke down and cried... :sad1: i know its silly and pretty pathetic... but still! i know im prob lucky cause they waited this long to show up... but still... arrrg... my mum assured me that its a beautiful thing and my hubby said that i will always be beautiful to him... but still...

Oh honey.
I got mine around 32 weeks I think and I was so disheartened, like you are now! But your baby made those and they'll fade in time and you wont even have time to care! Bless you. Hugs xxx

awww hun! it is horrible and can make you feel down! ust think about when you see your baby looking up at you and know youve got them for an amazing reason x

Honey I got my first ones around the same time as you did, it was horrible for me as well, my husband pointed one that was starting out to me and I ran into the bathroom crying and said something really daft like "oh my beautiful skin is ruined" LOL! I got over it pretty quickly. Try not to stress, it isn't nice to find them but they will fade, don't worry about that.

xo

i was told about palmers coco butter,its said to help stretch marks, during and after pregnancy. but i havent tried this so i dont know if it actually helps or not.

we used it for a different reason, when my daughter had broke her thigh bone, and had to have 2 operations, they said it helps smooth out scars so there not as noticable

I've been using a Vitamin E cream that seems to help. Hang in there!

I got terrible stretch marks when I was pregnant with my little girl,I was like you cried and waved goodbye to my flat stretch mark free stomach!I was really paranoid about them for a long time after I had her but when I look at her its all worth it!This time I have not had any extra(yet!!)think my stomach is pre streched from Mia!I was brave enough to wear a bikini last year on holiday,only took me 5 years!. It is all totally worth and honestly think hubbys hardly notice!xx

yea... i have used the cocoa butter cream stuff and it hasnt really made a difference... i heard that there is really no way to prevent them... lol i was destined to get them anyways cause my mother and grandmother got them... same with the spider veins i have all over my belly too... uggh...

I found my first ones last week as well. They were hiding on the underside if my bump, way down low. It was a sad day for me too. My husband keeps telling me he can't see them, but I know he's lying to make me feel better.

Aww I got my first 'love' marks ( as my friend jess has taken to calling them to make me and her twin sister feel better as were both pregnant) around the same time. I cried and freaked out in the bathroom. It was my OH that pointed it out to me... I was writing with a red marker and he goes hunny I think you drew on yourself so I got up and went into the bathroom... needless to say it wasnt marker it was my first of now thousands of stretch marks...

I think with the cocoa butter it helps more afterwards to get the skin back to normal... it deffinately didnt help with before except with itching it soothes that most the time... at least for a little while.

yea, it definately does help with the itching... but not with the little red "rips" in the skin! i started crying on my hubbys shoulder telling him my skin was all ripped up and such and he just laughed at me telling me i was wonderfully beautiful... and that i had nothing to worry about... he didnt tell me he couldnt see them though... lol he did say they were smaller then i thought they were!

At your stage i found the first.... then i had a cobweb below my belly button by week 34.... i was down... but happy that they wouldnt spread any further... their is now a cobweb starting above my belly button...:cry:

what can we do? but learn to accept them?

Aww hun xx Im only 16 weeks and ive already got them on my boobs :( x

oh dude, ive had them on my boobs since i first got boobs. lol and since i have increased almost a full cup size since getting pregnant, i now have imense amounts of them... i didnt care so much about the boob ones, cause i can hide them... but the belly ones? what happens when i want to wear a bathing suit in the coming years? i have all these wonderful scars on my belly!?!?! ick... the joys of becoming a mother... i guess its my bodys way of getting me ready for self sacrifice and such...

i discovered loads on my ass few weeks back. none anywhere else. least i cant see them that well so i dont know how bad it is!!

my butt and thighs are soooooo loaded with them... i wont ever be wearing shorts again! not short ones anyways...

I didnt have a single stretch mark from puberty, but now I hav a few lil ones on my thighs and im gutted about it :(. None on my belly as of yet, but theres still time. Im not sure if its helped but ive been using ALOT of creams on my belly, every morn and nite. Only started creaming thighs since the marks appeared and they are starting to look a bit fainter and havent got worse, but could just be coinsidence, who knows :)

awww huni i did the same thing..... dont worry babe it is down side of being a mummy but think about why they are there and what your making inside you right now... My mum told me that they are a badge. A badge that you can wear with pride! If you didnt get those marks you wouldnt have you bubby.... I know it is hard... i cried and winged about mine for weeks on end but now i really dont care about them. i know that Layla will be worth it in the end!! Plus they fade after a while anyways.....
try and think of the positive side of them rather than the negatives... as hard as that sound but honestly it is the best way to deal with them... there is nothing you can do about the or to stop them or prevent them soo..... think of the good reasons.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->