Ugh I get it, you LOVE breastfeeding...

Evian260

Mom of 3
Reaction score
I have a few friends who are 150% gung ho on breastfeeding - to the point it's all they talk about on Facebook! Their updates were always about nursing and anti circumcision and anti vaccinations and anti formula feeding and it was driving me NUTS! I am all for feeding your child however you want, but do you have to talk about it ALL the time?! ARGH!

So I blocked their updates!

there are some who do get a bit carried away! id do the same!

If anyone asks my opinion on which to go for, I will always say BFing, for that very reason, it is a lovely thing to sit and do and I feel sad for those who are unable to and will never experience it.

BUT

Only if I am asked. If I'm not, it's none of my business. I see no point in judging anyone for their own choices or reasons.

I can't think that I posted anything on FB about it. I'm sure I did from time to time,but just like everything else I put up there, I expect anyone who isn't interested in what I say to ignore it or block me. Sounds like you've done the right thing. I can't believe someone who refuses to protect their child with vaccinations would have the cheek to berate a FF mother.:dohh:

ONe wee thing though, people can only make you feel bad about something, if you think it yourself first. Be happy with your own choices and forget anyone else's opinion.

it's hard, i find reading such things about being anti-formula difficult because i really wanted to breastfeed & felt like a failure when it didn't work out. however, i was one of those anti-formula people (i didn't go on about it, but i was anti-it for my child) before i realised i had little choice.
*hugs*
xx

I hear you!
Farting and periods are also "natural" and no one should FB about that!
When ppl FB about BFing they are humble-bragging "Oooh I'm a mom look at me".
It's lame, rude and insensitive.

Also I find it weird that everyone who has responded so far seems proBF-ing.

I hear you!

Farting and periods are a bit different to feeding your child... People FB about stuff they eat all the time :shrug:

OP: Must get so annoying having constant kid bomb statuses like that!

having spent 2wks in hospital trying to breast feed (unsucessfully) I'd be mighty peeved too!

Theres no need for that really & i'm not pro BF'ing, I dont mind either way what people decide. I actually feel bad that I never did but I me & my oh wanted to both be involved in feeding from the very start but I feel bad that I didnt try so with the next baby I will. I agree that endless statuses about your kids is so annoying & boring! also peoples bowel movements ok I dont need to know when you visit the loo for gods sake lol.

that would drive me nuts and im pro breastfeeding and have breastfed,sadly i had to stop but i love formula feeding too, got admit though i wouldnt post a status about breastfeeding its waaaay to public for me :) lol

I dont get it? Because you dont want to read about it they shouldent post about it? Block there status updates by all means, but is it really that bigger deal to complain about?

Im pro-breastfeeding, and I post statuses about it. and me and my FF friends have debates about the pros and cons and talk to eachother about it all the time over facebook. we dont let diffrences in life choices get in the way of our friendship tho.

Why dont you like it? is there some hidden reason to be annoyed by someone talking about something they belive in? Do you simply not like breastfeeding, or is it because it dident work for you and it makes you feel bad for now FF.. Because if it is, dont be so silly, your doing the darn best you can for your child and you. and there is nothing wrong with eather BFin or FFin

Im just a wee bit confused as to why it needs to affect you so much. and lol. I also post about periods and farting... maybe im just odd. or i have an amazingly accepting friends group..

And before anyone says ive only posted to be rude, im pro-bfing, shouldent be in this form.. I will be FFing my baby from 6months to top up there weaning, because as much as I love BF. its really hard and I dont want to do it forever.

i choice to FF because thats what i felt most comfortable doing i hate it when people are always shoving down my throat that BF is best but its not what i choose to do it doesnt make me a bad mother because i dont BF

I guess they are proud of BFing but does sound a little like they are bragging. I would not go on FB and be like 'I got my tits out in the park today'... who needs to know that??!!!

See what you mean, it's not just about loving bf here (nothing wrong with that), but about natural parenting that your FB friends go on about. I'd do the same, hide their updates. I used to have a FB friend like that. Interestingly, she was also one of those ppl who used her FB status as a cry for attention, to say how lonely she was feeling all the time.

It drives me nuts to see ppl who don't vaccinate their kids. How come they are admitted to school without their vaccines? Schools shouldn't accept that. There are also the ones who lash out at a mum who had a c-section because her life and her kid's depended on it. They're just looking for controversy

I had to block a friend who posted a detailed account of potty-training her toddler, and I mean DETAILED, quantity, type, texture etc. numerous times an hour :rofl:

I guess they are proud of BFing but does sound a little like they are bragging. I would not go on FB and be like 'I got my tits out in the park today'... who needs to know that??!!!

i agree, i have tons of people on my fb and about 99% would be freaked out by me talking about breatfeeding on my fb. it just doesnt need to be broadcast lol

Also, I find it quite ironic that they are so proud of giving their child BM when they don't even vaccinate them. Newsflash - BM is amazing stuf but will not stop their children getting diptheria, meningitis or any of the other terrible diseases!!!!!!!

Also, I find it quite ironic that they are so proud of giving their child BM when they don't even vaccinate them. Newsflash - BM is amazing stuf but will not stop their children getting diptheria, meningitis or any of the other terrible diseases!!!!!!!

That's the problem, some mothers (not too many thank God!) are so religiously into breastfeeding that they think it's a lifetime vaccine against everything. They'll have a hard time when their kids grow up and realise that BM is not even a lifetime vaccine against ear infections and gastros.

That's the problem, some mothers (not too many thank God!) are so religiously into breastfeeding that they think it's a lifetime vaccine against everything. They'll have a hard time when their kids grow up and realise that BM is not even a lifetime vaccine against ear infections and gastros.

Surely if that was the case, most diseases would have died out by now? Seems obvious to me :shrug: :haha:

I hear you!

:shock: just...wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back