'uh-LIE-ah' How is that spelled??

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
Im not even sure if it's a name or not but i really like the sounds of uh-LIE-ah. I just cant figure out how that would spelled to be pronounced correctly. Most of the google search results had it pronounced ah-LEE-ah but i dont want that. I want uh-LIE-ah. So how should it be spelled in order to be pronounced correctly? :shrug:

Yes my friend's brother's girlfriend is called this! I'll text her now and see how it's spelt :flower:

Ok so it's Julia. She's from Germany and its pronounced exactly how you described, NOT Jule-ee-ah. Don't know how you'd get over the spelling confusion though as people would assume to call it the other way in places like Australia, UK, America?

You would probably have to spell as it sounds maybe aelyah or aelieah? This isn't exact but is the best I could think of to try and get away from Aaliyah! Xxx

I've also seen it written as Eulia.

My friend's daughter is called Aaliyah and the daughter really hates her own name as because it starts with Aa she gets selected first at school for everything, in exams she sits first in the row when she'd much rather be somewhere in the middle of the class so she isn't always first in line for things.

So this is the issue im having, All of the spellings posted, when i look up the pronounciation they claim the english is prounced ah-LEE-uh and not ah-LIE-uh. But then i read that if it was the Arabic pronounciation the "a" would be stressed and it would be LIE not LEE. The problem is most Americans dont grasp that concept and say it as ah-LEE-uh and not ah-LIE-ah. So i guess what im saying is, how do you avoid a child being constantly called the wrong name? In my mind the above posted are all legit spellings for the pronunciation i am looking for, but all of the baby name sites say differently. I wish there was a way to spell it to avoid any mispronunciations to achieve the sound we are looking for.

Hm. I wonder if you could put a J in Eulija to separate the sounds? Or Euleah even? :shrug:

I think anything with LEAH is Lee-ah.
the Eulija does make sense, though its not aesthetically pleasing, but guess beggars cant be choosers :lol:

Hope you can find the right way to get what you want. :flower:

I think anything with LEAH is Lee-ah.
the Eulija does make sense, though its not aesthetically pleasing, but guess beggars cant be choosers :lol:

I agree that Eulija doesn't look as nice, but it does make sense. Kyla's suggestion of Eulia is good. To me that sounds it out pretty well. Hope you can find a spelling you like, xx

Alaiya? or Ulaiya.. but I like the A ion the beginning more.. it looks pretty.

^ See that's what i thought too (of the many out there) but the pronounciations according to various sites says that Aliah is said as uh-LEE-ah. ...makes no sense to me because when i think of the name Liah (LIE-ah) its pretty much the same just with an A in the front :dohh: i guess this is just going to be one of those names that will require correction. I think what everyone posted is all properly written. Guess it just depends if ppl take it as the English or the Arabic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->