Uh oh! Christmas food shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs_T

Reaction score
Just got back from doing the Christmas food shop (minus some of the veg, that I'll buy next week) and OH MY GOD it cost an absolute fortune!!!

Came to £244!!!! Luckily my nectar points were worth £55, but still!!! Haven't actually plucked up the courage to tell my hubby yet and having to have a very large glass of mulled wine to recover from the shock!

I did stock up on nappies and formula too, and we are hosting 2 christmas dinners this year, but still...£244!!! Oh lordy!

Someone please tell me you've spent a small fortune too!

Oh my I think my oh would have a panic attack :rofl:

My mum will easily spend that much just for 3 people if that makes you feel better lol

£244! wow, thats quite the big shop. Did you get all that in one trolley?

I nipped to Tesco tonight to get ingredients to make a gingerbread house and came home with two gold stag heads. :shrug:

Haha, I always do things like that Marmaduke!

And, yes it just about fit in one trolley, although was pretty hard to steer by the end!

You are making me feel a bit better ladies! I'm sure last year it only came to half of that! I did also buy a fair amount of booze actually!

Has your OH not looked in the cupboards & fridge yet & noticed how much is there or have you hidden it away?

Me! Ours was £180 covering 20 - 27 December. a bit horrified to be honest as it excludes booze.

We're having people over for quite a few meals though and some staying a couple days too but still. Eek

Usually it's about £100 for 2 weeks.

Yikes! I've done that the past two years, spent an average of £200 on two of us, and we don't even have Christmas dinner here! Absolutely ludicrous!
This year I've done it online so I can monitor myself better. £60 and I've banned myself from adding any more :haha:

Yeah, maybe online would be been a good choice! I tend to like doibg it in store so I can pick all the nice stuff, check expiry dates etc, but I'd probably have deleted some stuff if I'd done it online!

Marmaduke, he saw me bring it all in and put it away...but he probably is a bit out of touch with shopping coats as I tend to do it all these days!

Oh wow!!

As it's only us 3 for christmas ours will he considerably cheaper. I'm aiming for £80-90 before discounts (I have a £5 voucher, a £9 vouvoucher and a discount card)

I had to do the conversion to see how much that was. Holy crap. Hehe

Lol that's a lot! I imagine mine is gonna cost a bomb too even though we already have snacks, 3 bird roast and pudding :rofl:

Lol this time of the year i have a Christmas food cupboard and every week i have been buying extra bits for it, well it is full to bursting. But i will still spend as much as you if not more!!

All I've got so far is meats and trifle :haha:
The meats were £17 and the trifles were 89p each :haha:
There's only us 5 and we're only eating at home Christmas day, so we're not going OTT :)

Oh my that is a lot!

I created two new tesco accounts to make use of the £15 new customer discount so did two shops £60 each and with discounts came to £93 total for both shops. Also bought my booze from aldi which came to about £30...so a huge amount more than i usually spend on food but that includes everything for xmas dinner, north pole breaky on xmas eve and also usual groceries and nappies etc so im not feeling too bad about it haha xx

£350 here! We don't even have Christmas dinner at home. We are having a party at our house on Boxing Day though so needed to get quite a lot of food and booze.

i've been buying little snacky bits here and there and will only need to buy fridge or freezer stuff next week. hoping to do it less than £60 with nappies and the usual household stuff.

I just spent two hours doing my online shop on tesco only for the site to crash as I went to checkout. Completely cleared my basket, so two hours wasted. I'm giving up and going into the shop - I could have walked there and back barefoot and bought everything twice over in two hours! So much for online shopping being the easy option!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"