Uh oh! Christmas food shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent two hours doing my online shop on tesco only for the site to crash as I went to checkout. Completely cleared my basket, so two hours wasted. I'm giving up and going into the shop - I could have walked there and back barefoot and bought everything twice over in two hours! So much for online shopping being the easy option!

Oh no, i would be livid:nope:, did you enter your payment details, if so check your order history as it might have gone through even though it crashed.

Ours is £130. We're only home for brunch and not home until Boxing Day tea. It's was mostly alcohol that's cost us the most though. I dread to think what it would cost if we had to cook.

I just spent two hours doing my online shop on tesco only for the site to crash as I went to checkout. Completely cleared my basket, so two hours wasted. I'm giving up and going into the shop - I could have walked there and back barefoot and bought everything twice over in two hours! So much for online shopping being the easy option!

Oh no, i would be livid:nope:, did you enter your payment details, if so check your order history as it might have gone through even though it crashed.

Didn't even get that far, as soon as I clicked to go to checkout it crashed, and when it refreshed it said my basket was empty. I actually nearly cried :nope:

Mine ia about 150 a week usually, we only spend about 50 on xmas day food, only 5 of us x

Oh no Bid!!! I'd be fuming!

Mines being delivered tomorrow and comes to £210!! =/

My normal shop for 3 can be anything from £160-£200 that can last 10-28 days depending on meals I've planned and bought. I'm only looking to spend no more than £40 for Christmas day as it's only 3 of us. OH doesn't drink and I can't drink so there's £20 saved.

I go to my mums christmas eve until day after boxing day and she spends a ridiculous amount! I know when I went shopping with her years ago, she filled two trolleys in sainsburys :s

This year, the turkey, beef and gammon alone is coming to nearly£100 I think! I would have a heart attack if I spent that much. I always offer to bring chocolate but that have soo much there already its like a fart in a hurricane

We are out at family for the main days and I can only imagine what it costs to get everything, I always get my mum and MIL a gift card not just towards the amount that they spend but also for going to all the trouble of cooking and hosting us as it would be a pain if we were to do it ourselves!!

We're going to a hotel for Christmas dinner with my mum, dad, sister and all the kids (an 11 year old and 4 toddlers under 4 years old!).. Cost £65 per adult head (kids free, £30 for 11 year old). I imagine I'll still spend a small fortune on food for the house over Christmas Eve/boxing day etc though. The amount of eating that goes on over the festive period in this house is insane! Lol

I could cry for you ladies, there is no way we could even afford that much on food!
We're having our Christmas meal at MILs, and it won't be over the top. Neither DH nor I drink, and we refuse to buy the silly prices cakes / chocolates / crisps whatever. We're very much supermarket brand people with the exception of a single tin of chocolates (which we got for £4). We've saved up the £25 off a £40 spend in Morissons, and will be using that. I imagine that our shopping bill for the entire week will be around £60.

My mum did her food shop the other day and spent £400 :wacko: that is for 10 adults and three kids but even so!

I had the £15 off £75 at Aldi. So impressed worth their stuff. I got it for £73 after the discount and that was a big trolley load. Going to morrisons next week to get fresh and my turkey which will prob cost me another £60 in total.

Im doing mine online this year just need to finalise the trolley x

I bought everything for the week except for the ham & it cost $140/£90.
I think the ham will cost around $25/£16.

So....$165/£105?

It will only be the 3 of us except for +4 family members for Xmas brunch...

Maybe 20 quid? ! i pinch all my wine from my dad as people give him like 20 bottles in tips for xmas. We eat at the in laws xmas day. I take the roast potatoes though. So when I go shopping i will be buying a bag of spuds and some brussels. Oh maybe some mince pies. So less than a tenner actually.

What on earth are you people buying ?!

My first shop was 105 but I still need to do the main one :/ eek

Maybe 20 quid? ! i pinch all my wine from my dad as people give him like 20 bottles in tips for xmas. We eat at the in laws xmas day. I take the roast potatoes though. So when I go shopping i will be buying a bag of spuds and some brussels. Oh maybe some mince pies. So less than a tenner actually.

My rule for the Christmas shop is that anything goes, and we can choose whatever we fancy because the rest of the year were on a budget xx

My rule for the Christmas shop is that anything goes, and we can choose whatever we fancy because the rest of the year were on a budget xx

We're the same at christmas i dont worry but the rest of the year we have to budget.

Not done mine yet but im hoping for under 100 as just cant afford any more! Usually spend about 150!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"