Uh oh! Christmas food shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe 20 quid? ! i pinch all my wine from my dad as people give him like 20 bottles in tips for xmas. We eat at the in laws xmas day. I take the roast potatoes though. So when I go shopping i will be buying a bag of spuds and some brussels. Oh maybe some mince pies. So less than a tenner actually.

What on earth are you people buying ?!

My rule for the Christmas shop is that anything goes, and we can choose whatever we fancy because the rest of the year were on a budget xx

This is us as I budget every week of shopping usually x

Maybe 20 quid? ! i pinch all my wine from my dad as people give him like 20 bottles in tips for xmas. We eat at the in laws xmas day. I take the roast potatoes though. So when I go shopping i will be buying a bag of spuds and some brussels. Oh maybe some mince pies. So less than a tenner actually.

What on earth are you people buying ?!

My rule for the Christmas shop is that anything goes, and we can choose whatever we fancy because the rest of the year were on a budget xx

This is us as I budget every week of shopping usually x

And us as well, we eat quite healthy all year round and stick to a food budget. So Christmas for us everything goes out of the window and we buy what we want and eat what we want x

I ended up doing my shopping in tesco yesterday after the online fiasco. I spent £114, but I had £60 of vouchers to use and a few money-off coupons so it only cost me £50 :happydance:

We don't drink so it didn't include any alcohol but I did buy lots of cakes and biscuits lol. And after saying I was going to buy a chicken crown I ended up spending £18 on a turkey one. They wanted £10 for a tiny 800g chicken crown but the turkey one was 2.4kg so it was much better value, and it'll do a few meals. I'd planned to get it from morrisons but I just wanted to get it over with :haha:

I've just done mine at Aldi and it came to £44. This is for 5 adults and 1 toddler. I expected it to be a hell of a lot more I was quite surprised. It also included a pair of leather gloves for myself which were £10 and a candle set for my mum which was £4. So technically my Christmas shop came to £30.

I'm actually panicking thinking I've forgotten something major compared to all your prices. I have actually forgotten goose fat, so need to get that, oh and another pudding. Actually I'm going to get another bag of spuds cause I've decided to make my own roasties aswel so will need more.

Ive just done my aldi shop which came to £92 but after I gave in my vouchers it came sown to £73 :) really pleased. Must add though that that doesnt include my turkey and beef (Ive already bought those).

We did our minus the fresh stuff the other night. Came to just over £200!! This is the most I've ever spent on food and is more than my monthly food budget. This will last about 10 days. It did include the turkey and quite a bit of alcohol but still.

I did mine today but a lot of it was normal essentials like nappies. bread, milk etc. I spent £10 on wine, £10 on nappies and £12 on a clock for MIL. Came to £75 altogether so I'm happy with that.

I'm off to Asda after work soon, god help me because I fear it's going to be rammed and I'm preparing myself for how much it's going to cost :lol:

I'm off to Asda after work soon, god help me because I fear it's going to be rammed and I'm preparing myself for how much it's going to cost :lol:

My local Asda was okay today. Busy but it wasn't a nightmare to get around.

My local Asda was okay today. Busy but it wasn't a nightmare to get around.

Ahh fingers crossed it won't be too bad then, especially since it'll be more like 7ish when I get there, hopefully every ones gone home by then :lol:

I did ours yesterday and it was £120 and we are going to family in Xmas eve for a few days so know idea why it was so much! I hate Asda

We did our actual christmas shop in aldi today (haven't been in about a year so forgot how great it is) and with nappies, meat, veg, snacks, wine, it came to £33! Just wow. :D

I did a shop at aldi yesterday and that was £64 but did get a big box of nappies in with that.
Then went asda today for a few bits i couldnt get at aldi and spent £30 but that included a birthday cake for DD1 birthday on boxing day.

I have spent about £30 for food on Xmas day. We are going to In Laws for Xmas dinner but I am doing Cauliflower Cheese, Red Cabbage & Pinenuts and Stuffing.

No booze included as I have a gallon of Homebrew wine which will be ready and half a bottle of orange infused Vodka and half a bottle of red berry and orange infused Vodka (Vodka given to me for free).

£92 in aldi (veg, condiments and other cooking/baking ingredients)

£38 in asda (for bits I couldn't get in aldi & some alcohol)

£88 local butchers (Turkey, beef, ham, pigs in blankets, sausage meant and chicken livers)

£40 is asda last week for new glasses, crockery and table dressing stuff

Eeeek :dohh:

We did our actual christmas shop in aldi today (haven't been in about a year so forgot how great it is) and with nappies, meat, veg, snacks, wine, it came to £33! Just wow. :D

Just spent another £30 in asda for bits we forgot so £63. The least we've ever spent and theres 4 of us now!

We just spent $160( I think thats 105 pounds?) for food to last us Christmas, Boxing Day and the weekend. Doesn't include turkey as we already have one, but got lots of snack stuff,stuff for sides, soda, and lots of alcohol for DH.

Did my Christmas shop yesterday - £96 for breakfast, Christmas dinner and desserts. Only budgeted no more than £40 but I went instore so added plenty more to the trolley :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"