UK foods they dont get in USA/Canada?

amytrisha

Mother of boys.
Reaction score
Looking for foods we get in the UK that me and my partner can send to our friends (one in USA and the other in Canada)

We so far have potnoodles, jaffacakes, cadburys dairy milk choc & hp sauce..

TIA!! X

Tea!!! Without a doubt. Even the stuff that claims to be Tetley British blend tastes like dishwater bleughhhhh! :(

Not entirely sure you can class pot noodle as food lol ;)

Both say they hate tea but no wonder if thats the case lol I'll send a few yorkshire teabags then! Hahaha I love pot noodles!!!

Definitely tea!
Things like fudge? Toffee?
Homemade jam?

I used to live in the UK and I miss Digestives biscuits (especially the chocolate ones) and lemon curd. But that's just me :)

Oh! Also crisps. I used to get these aged cheddar/red onion ones that I loved. We don't have anywhere near the variety of flavors here.

Pg tips, bisto gravy granules, marmite, wotsits, flake chocolate bars, boost chocolate bars, chicken super noodles. Those are what I miss most!!

batter mix to make yorkshire puds! I know you can make it with flour and other stuff but I feel it doesn't have the same taste when you use batter mix.

Anything by cadbury. yorkshire tea bags. super noodles. spaghetti with those little sausages (though they might be a bit heavy?) wotsits/quavers/skips. angel delight. mr kipling bakewell tarts (or anything mr kipling). lemon curd.

shame you couldn't send something like bread, hovis is to die for. so soft and yummy (bread here is like stone).

Baked beans, pick & mix/sweets, Worcester sauce, crumpets, dairy milk, shortbread, chutney/chilli jam.

batter mix to make yorkshire puds! I know you can make it with flour and other stuff but I feel it doesn't have the same taste when you use batter mix.

Anything by cadbury. yorkshire tea bags. super noodles. spaghetti with those little sausages (though they might be a bit heavy?) wotsits/quavers/skips. angel delight. mr kipling bakewell tarts (or anything mr kipling). lemon curd.

shame you couldn't send something like bread, hovis is to die for. so soft and yummy (bread here is like stone).

I'm so gutted I cant send bread and crumpets!!

Thanks ladies x

One time I got Refreshers Chews from a UK friend. Sounds so good right now! :(

Ooh branston pickle!! (Not sure if that's been mentioned). What I would give for a cheese and branston pickle sandwich on soft white chunky bread right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->