UK Freebies/Offers

Ive just prewarned my OH and said I dont want them anywhere near me. I hate being near cameras as it is, not photogenic in the slightest! Spoke to a friend and were gonna borrow his DSLR camera and tell a white lie that my OH is a photographer so were sorted lol

Told my OH to be firm with them for me because im a total pansy :D

being a photographer myself i will have my beast with me through out my whole labour ( training hubby how to take pictures haha) and then will doing my own session with the little one once we are home, or even at the hospital don't need to waste money paying someone to "edit" these photos a bloody monkey could do what they do! it really annoys me! x

being a photographer myself i will have my beast with me through out my whole labour ( training hubby how to take pictures haha) and then will doing my own session with the little one once we are home, or even at the hospital don't need to waste money paying someone to "edit" these photos a bloody monkey could do what they do! it really annoys me! x

Yeah that's the thing isn't it, ive seen the pictures that they take an honestly my friend who is just starting out as an amateur photographer could take the same standard of shot, and apply the very minimal 'editing' that they have too.
So why should I pay them over the odds to do something which im seriously considering asking my friend to do, who would do it for nothing lol

Do you still get your packs if you dont have photos done? I'm hoping for a home birth and will take my own photos anyway especially as I own a dslr.

yes they give you the pack seperate i believe the maternity unit itself can give you them without the bounty people being there because it actually has everything you need to claim child beneift etc.

I got the pack from the maternity unit. The Bounty Lady wasn't pushy with me though. I gave birth at 3 in the morning and she came around 9ish so I was short on sleep and very tired. I just gave her my email address and said sorry I can't stand photos right now and she just left after that. I'm sorry most of you had such a bad experience with them - sounds horrific! And I'm sure had she pushed me, I would've said yes because I was exhausted, it was my first baby and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and lost and OH had just gone home for a nap.

I really think the NHS should let mothers decide BEFORE birth if anyone wants photos and then the Bounty photographer can come do it at a pre-set time. Its so wrong to come ask people who have just been through a physically challenging and extremely emotional experience if they want these costly photos :|

I got the pack from the maternity unit. The Bounty Lady wasn't pushy with me though. I gave birth at 3 in the morning and she came around 9ish so I was short on sleep and very tired. I just gave her my email address and said sorry I can't stand photos right now and she just left after that. I'm sorry most of you had such a bad experience with them - sounds horrific! And I'm sure had she pushed me, I would've said yes because I was exhausted, it was my first baby and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and lost and OH had just gone home for a nap.

I really think the NHS should let mothers decide BEFORE birth if anyone wants photos and then the Bounty photographer can come do it at a pre-set time. Its so wrong to come ask people who have just been through a physically challenging and extremely emotional experience if they want these costly photos :|

I agree with you, I think that its something that your midwife should ask you at maybe your last midwife appointment, like do you want photo's yes/ no then keep that in your notes. That way you don't get bothered by them if you don't want them and they are there for you if you do.

got to agree they really should get your consent first.

I have to admit we had the bounty pictures both times, I'm really pleased we did too. Yes pretty pricey but I was so excited when they arrived. And I was able to send out the little announcement cards I got in the pack to everyone. Im hoping there's a bounty photographer this time around too. Even tho I am mrs snap happy with my camera I like the idea of having the "official" photo too :)

I never got the pack you get in hospital before the baby is born,(they said they'd run out and were waiting for someone to bring more.) and I never actually met the bounty lady, but I did get all the other packs. lol

There was someone walking round the postnatal unit taking photos when I had Julian. She wasn't pushy at all, just asked if I wanted them, I said no, and she left. Seemed friendly as well. The only complaint I had is that she just walked straight through the curtain! I could have been getting changed or anything. I was changing LO's nappy, looked up and she was there, gave me a right fright! Lol.

You do know that not all the photographers are not camera wielding baboons.......... and it's not their fault that they have to go in pretty much straight after you've given birth so complain to the company, don't treat the people like crap.

I've been on both sides of this, and I didn't want the packs and photos but took the packs even though I was very poorly, yet I know the pressure from the company to push push push to see every mum and get photos over 80% of the time :shrug: it's hard and I don't go in to people who are clearly exhausted as I know how it feels so please don't tar us all with the same brush...

/moan over

ps is there a specific link to the snapfish thing? As I was never told about that and would explain why we never get shown the online sales :growlmad:

all bounty staff report to the midwife station at the beginning of their shift and ask if every mum is well enough and happy to be seen , if you would prefer we didn't visit you , just inform the midwife and you wont be bothered .

Most of us totally understand how sensitive a time it is for family with a new mum and are actually feeling quite guilty about even approaching you.

a little thing bear in mind though being prepared dose help for the over all experience, a nice blanket , small teddy , spare outfit . and your rings for hand shots slipped into your bag will make you a little more relaxed .

We are employed on the grounds of having been exactly where you are in a bed having just given birth , we are not to push ourselves on to mums still on heavy pain relief , unable to move or take pictures of your baby without your consent .

I agree with most posts talk to your hospital and midwife about where you stand on Bounty , and we will follow in line.

they don't allow photographers in my ward when i was there, thank god

I had similar problems when i first signed up with all the baby clubs. I eventually had to call Boots and ASDA and ask them to send me the vouchers to collect my free gifts.

When you collect the ASDA free gift be careful not to tear the outer box as they have sneakily printed huggies baby vouchers to the inside of the box! And if you read the small print it says that they will not accept defaced vouchers.

Remember to sign up to Sainsbury's for their free gift box from huggies too!

I just collected my free pampers changing bag from boots yesterday (30 Aug 2012). They still had some bags on the shelf. All i had to do was hand over my voucher, buy a pack of pampers new born nappies (which were on special too!!) and i got the free bag.

Also, just got a brilliant offer from VERTBAUDET in the post yesterday (30 Aug 2012). If you sign up with VERTBAUDET for the first time they send you a code to put in at the check out for £15.00 off your first order when you spend £20.00 or more and they send you a stunning baby changing bag. Cream with tan handles and a drawstring back for dirties.

I just got this too LadyLump, seems too good to be true though...

Has anyone shopped with them before?

My oh signed up for a nectar card to join the parenting club(I already in it with my DS) and his email saying how to get the free box he needs to shop in sainsburys first to get a voucher for it? Is this usuall? I'm sure I got my voucher through the post last time. Does anyone know if it's a minimum spend?

all bounty staff report to the midwife station at the beginning of their shift and ask if every mum is well enough and happy to be seen , if you would prefer we didn't visit you , just inform the midwife and you wont be bothered .

Most of us totally understand how sensitive a time it is for family with a new mum and are actually feeling quite guilty about even approaching you.

a little thing bear in mind though being prepared dose help for the over all experience, a nice blanket , small teddy , spare outfit . and your rings for hand shots slipped into your bag will make you a little more relaxed .

We are employed on the grounds of having been exactly where you are in a bed having just given birth , we are not to push ourselves on to mums still on heavy pain relief , unable to move or take pictures of your baby without your consent .

I agree with most posts talk to your hospital and midwife about where you stand on Bounty , and we will follow in line.

God you're talking tosh.

The Bounty woman where I was barged into my cubicle and then gawked open mouthed because there wasn't a cot there (baby was down in NICU in an incubator). No asking to come in, she obviously hadn't checked with the ward staff because they would have told her I had no baby with me to be photographed, and no apology for the intrusion or upset at all.

Mind you she's the same delightful character who'd barged full force toward me struggling heavily pregnant on crutches in the ante-natal clinic when I was there for a checkup and she was restocking the bounty bags there.

They're a disgusting organisation.

Bounty bags are thankfully banned in quite a few NHS trusts in the NW of England. I love the way the post said its good to be prepared having a teddy and spare outfit; making out that lacking this preperation on your part makes you somehow to blame for not being happy about the bounty people being there, how ridiculous!

Vertbaudet heard a lot of bad things about them; apparently they insist on you opening a credit account and they close your account at any time they feel like; also lot of people not got their goods. Look for reviews of them online and most of them are very negative and saying to avoid xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->