UK Freebies/Offers

Yeah the asda baby club has been good, as has the sainsburys baby club. The tesco one, not to good to be honest - no freebies :p

Tesco was rubbish with my first, you were supposed to get a free pampers hamper with a pampers purchase but they were all gone. The sales assistant took my details and said they would contact me when they got them back in-I'm still waiting 2 years later!
I've joined asda but as there isn't one anywhere near us i doubt I'll be able to get the freebie.

tesco baby club is nightmare nothing good there.

I've used Vertbaudet quite a lot, they often have the £15 off when you spend £20 codes and often it includes sale items. Their stuff is overpriced to start with but in the sale it's pretty fab. Everything we've had has been really lovely, just not worth the full price. For example, I've recently had a lovely toddler coat with removeable inner, a tutu style skirt and a baby's romper suit on the £15 off deal, so £8.99 in total. The coat was supposed to be £39, the tutu £14 and the romper £14 I think, but they were on sale plus the voucher. I'd happily have paid £20 for the coat alone and the romper is the best one we've had from anywhere (normally shop in Next/M&S).

I did have one problem with the coat - it was out of stock so they cancelled it (but still honoured the rest of the voucher), but then a few days later it was back in stock. I rang up and they honoured the original priced I'd paid of a £4-ish so I was happy.

You don't have to open a credit account at all. I think that's probably just down to people not reading properly. The credit option is bigger at the top of the page but you can pay on debit/credit card just underneath it.

Customer service has been great when I've rung them. The only slightly annoying thing is that they ship everything individually by courier so you might have to stay in three days to get it delivered or arrange redelivery. Returns are free by courier so that's pretty good.

I think I've ordered around 10 times from them and never been disappointed.

I had a terrible experience with bounty and their photographers. Joshua sadly only lived for 13 hours, he was born at lunch time in the Monday, and grew his wings just after midnight. The next morning a bounty photographer barged into my room without knocking, even though there was a sign on my door saying no one to enter without consent from my midwife, asked where baby was because she needed to 'photograph it'. I just burst into tears, stumbled that he was in the mortuary, she just said 'oh' turned round and walked out!! To be woken up by that was disgusting and traumatising. I have rung them over 30 times now asking to be removed from their mailing list as my baby did not make it, and yet they STILL ring asking how my baby is and trying to sell me stuff. They've passed on my details to so many companies, that are still ringing saying they've got my details from bounty and trying to sell me stuff. Bounty and Emma's diary won't be getting my details again in a hurry. It's been 7 months now and I can't wait for my phone contract to end so I can change my number and finally get away from these people. x

omg how awful lexi did you complain to the hospital about that too i know i have heard women having issues like this with them :(

The hospital were furious. 3 times people came in asking where my baby was even with the no entry sign on my door!! My partner had a very stern conversation with bounty and Emma's diary after they rung for the 7th time to congratulate me on thr birth of my baby. Apparently my details were already sold and there was nothing they can do. Won't ever make that mistake again!! x

The hospital were furious. 3 times people came in asking where my baby was even with the no entry sign on my door!! My partner had a very stern conversation with bounty and Emma's diary after they rung for the 7th time to congratulate me on thr birth of my baby. Apparently my details were already sold and there was nothing they can do. Won't ever make that mistake again!! x

god awful can only imagine how hellish that would have been

Lexi, sorry to hear about that. You could register with the TPS (Telephone Preference Service) and the Baby MPS (Mailing Preference Service), which is part of the previous one I believe, they are both free and paid by the marketing industry as a service to stop unwanted mail/calls. I cannot post links yet, but a Google Search will bring them first, they both end with a org.uk, they are free services. It was recommended at moneysavingexpert and the BBC. I registered with TPS a few months ago to get rid of calls about PPI and insurances, a few weeks later I stopped receiving the calls. The baby MPS is exactly for cases like yours, where the last thing you want is dealing with those calls and post.

On the thread topic, I went last weekend at Boots and they had lots of travel system/prams/stock on display reduced. The lady said they needed to make room for the new Christmas range. I bought a travel system for £60, which was originally at £240, I took the one on display though, because they had none left packed as a travel system, they only had a couple without the car seat, which was still a great price. Other travel systems were reduced from £300 to £80 and they had some units left. I believe these are offers in store, they are not online. The lady said that they are trying to get rid of the stock they still have from the previous season, so each store might have different stuff at highly reduced prices. Worth to go and ask the assistant, the prices on display were the full prices, only when we asked about the features we had someone telling us the offers, there were no signs or any indication of these new prices. I went to Boots at Trafford Centre (Manchester), on Saturday they still had 3-4 models on offer for Travel Systems. I got the travel system with the pram, the car seat and the rain cover, plus the free changing bag with the purchase of pampers (2 x £6 in the 25 packs), all for £66. It all feels good quality as well. I am really chuffed.

I registered with both. Sadly they are useless and do not remotely work.

sorry lexi, with the note on your door they shouldnt of entered your room :(

lexi this is awful :(

You should be able to change your number and not have to wait for your contract to end.

Lexi that's awful! I don't go anywhere without permission to avoid upset like you had. Also your MW's should have filled in a suppression form that we send off so that bereaved parents get taken off all mailing lists :(

I've already had my little one and I'm not sure if all of these are still going but this is what I got;
Aptamil; a free Teddy polar bear and some money off vouchers
Cow&gate; a free teether cloth and a weaning book
Hienz; free food samples
HIP; free spoons and money off
I know with alot of the supermarket baby clubs you can download a voucher and you get a starter kit.. Good luck:D

Tried for loads of these freebies & none arrived:growlmad:

I signed up for a few yesterday...only seem to have gotten a free changing bag and cow&gate teddy which is fab! But with the Asda baby group I didn't see anything about a free gift or vouchers to print off? It just took me to the members page which listed offers on things to buy when designing baby rooms and how a particular dummy has been taken off the shelves?

I signed up for a few yesterday...only seem to have gotten a free changing bag and cow&gate teddy which is fab! But with the Asda baby group I didn't see anything about a free gift or vouchers to print off? It just took me to the members page which listed offers on things to buy when designing baby rooms and how a particular dummy has been taken off the shelves?

It seems that Asda have stopped the freebie when you sign up. I got mine back in December, when I signed up it did say before what you would get. I was actually being crafty last week and signed up with a second email address I have to get another pack but there is now no mention of the free pack. It was supplied by Huggies (included nappies, wipes and something else), Huggies are discontinuing Nappies in the UK in the Spring so maybe this is why it is no longer offered.

Ohh ok thanks Helsbels! And nothing wrong with a bit of crafty behaviour ;-) xx

Drynites are sending free samples.
https://www.drynites.co.uk/secure/free_sample.aspx

Just received a pack from Johnsons (free) containing a pack of baby wipes, small bottle of baby oil, nappy cream and baby bath with a booklet guide to the first 10 days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->