UK ladies - hospital bag question.

Loozle

Reaction score
Hi! I'm starting to think about my hospital bag now and as this is my third I should already know this! :dohh:
How many babygro's and vests are you planning to take in your hospital bag? I was thinking about taking 3 of each plus a going home outfit but now I'm wondering if that isn't enough. I can't remember how many I took when I had my boys and if it was enough!

I'm planning to have an extra bag in the car with some spares in too just in case we need to stay in longer or nappies leak etc. Again though I'm questioning how many to put in there too.. There's nothing quite like overthinking things is there? Lol

I think ive packed about 4-5 vests and 4 baby grows as one of them he will coming home in. I also have a 0-3 vest and baby grow in my bag just incase then dh can bring some more from home if needs be
And I think ive put a small pack of nappies in plus a half bag in my bag just incase we stay longer than one night or we get through alot of nappies.
I ended up googling and looking on pinterest/youtube to see what people put in their bags then just used the average number of things X

Stalking this thread as I'm in the process of packing mine.

I was going to use two changing bags and leave one jn the car as a "just incase bag"

Bag 1 -
3 newborn vests
3 newborn sleep suits
12 nappies
Blanket
2 hats
2 mittens
1 cardigan

Bag 2 - (to be left in car)
3 0-3 vests
3 0-3 sleep suits
Towel
Those pre made bottle of formula for when you're in hospital incase breastfeeding doesn't work out
Rest of a pack of nappies.
Coat for going home

Surely there must be an easier way?!

I've packed 4 babygrows, 4 vests and her going home outfit :)

With my DS I packed about four vests and sleepsuits and it was nowhere near enough. He had a lot of mucous when he was born which apparently is quite common but it meant he was sick a lot during the first day and night that we were in hospital. We quickly got through all the sleepsuits and I had to call DH to bring in some more the following morning, so this time I will take more just in case. I also took newborn stuff and he was nearly 10lbs when he was born so it was tight on him! This time I will take a combination of newborn and 0-3 and I will take at least 6 of everything!

The nhs website says to take 6 vests and sleep suits I think..

I hate the fact there is no way of knowing how long we will be in hospital for.. It makes me feel so under-prepared..

Last time I packed three baby gros and three vests. It wasn't enough! This time I've packed six baby gros and six vests!

Had my baby in November I took
2 baby grows
2 vests
1 hat
1 blanket
1pkt nappies
1 pkt wipes
1 snow suit ( for taking home in )
And that was plenty depends how long you are going to be in I came out the same day I had her don't take to mush hubby can always bring stuff after the birth if need ! Don't forget you only have to unpack when you get home lol and I hate unpacking . Xx

I took 6 of each but only used 2 as I was out a few hours after birth x

I think last time I took four vests and four sleepsuits, plus her coming-home outfit. All 0-3 months size, as I was expecting a big baby. Just as well, because she was 9lb 10oz at birth! We were at a MLU, rather than a proper hospital, and were home before she was 24 hours old.

I think I took 4/5 vests and 4/5 baby grows with me to hospital baby wore them all due to being sick and explosive nappies.
1 small pack of pampers
2 pack of wipes (probably only used one but better to be safe with meconium)

Ive just packed mine am taking 1 newborn babygrow, 3 0-3 babygrows and going home outfit, 5 vests, 3 bibs 2 hats and extra scratch mitts. 1 normal pack of pampers new born and 1 johnsons extra sensitive baby wipes. Im hoping that's enough but if not I only live about 5 mins drive from hospital so OH can pop home if needs be x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->