Uk ladies maternity allowance

familygirl30

Reaction score
I'm not entitled to maternity pay from work as I haven't got a contract with them,anyway I have read that I could be entilted to maternity allowance,anyone else on this?

I was on it during my last pregnancy but didn't qualify this time, due to being on it for the majority of my test period :( you've got to of been working at least 26 weeks, within the 66 weeks prior to the week your baby is due x

I was on it during my last pregnancy but didn't qualify this time, due to being on it for the majority of my test period :( you've got to of been working at least 26 weeks, within the 66 weeks prior to the week your baby is due x

Yeah I have worked the 26 weeks etc,just need to get my gp or midwife to fill me a MatB1 form ,did u get one of these?

I started getting maternity allowance last month, I got a MatB1 form but you don't need it in order to claim ma. You just need payslips from your test period.

I started getting maternity allowance last month, I got a MatB1 form but you don't need it in order to claim ma. You just need payslips from your test period.

Oh right I just thought needed a MAT B1 form to send off with a smp 1 form along with wage slips,this is what I read online,could I ask what u had to do in order to apply for it please?

Oh right I just thought needed a MAT B1 form to send off with a smp 1 form along with wage slips,this is what I read online,could I ask what u had to do in order to apply for it please?

I printed and filled in the MA1 form from the dwp website and sent in the payslips from test period, think it was around 5. Took about a week to hear back from them.

Thank u,so they never asked u for a form signed by midwife or gp?

You have to ask midwife for a MAT B1 she will sign this for you..... If you ring job centre they will post you out the form. Fill it all in and put ur highest payslips in with it (you can pick and choose which are most beneficial to you) send it all off and wait to hear back :) xxx

You have to ask midwife for a MAT B1 she will sign this for you..... If you ring job centre they will post you out the form. Fill it all in and put ur highest payslips in with it (you can pick and choose which are most beneficial to you) send it all off and wait to hear back :) xxx

Thanks,did u get your employer to sign a smp 1 form for u too?im not seeing my midwife for another 2 weeks so hoping gp will do me a MAT B1,

Thanks,did u get your employer to sign a smp 1 form for u too?im not seeing my midwife for another 2 weeks so hoping gp will do me a MAT B1,

No Hun I didn't need to as I'd quit my job when I was 16 weeks as it wasn't safe for me to be doing. Xx

I think I will get one signed just incase,I didn't even know that could b entilted to this until I read it in Emma's diary book that midwife gave me yest!just hoping will b able to get something so not relying on hubby so much

Just send it all together Hun, the more info they've got the better I think :) good luck xx

On the ma1 form it tells you what you need to send depending on your circumstances. Why would you need an smp form? Smp is different to ma?

On the ma1 form it tells you what you need to send depending on your circumstances. Why would you need an smp form? Smp is different to ma?

This is what confused me as I read needed employer to fill and sign a smp 1 form to say I couldn't claim maternity pay,so I've just done it and if they don't need it they dont

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->