UK ladies! Nursing bras and cot bedding questions

Louloubelle78

Reaction score
Well just hit 31wks and 1 day (Yippee!!!), and really starting to buy stuff with a vengeance!

However I have a couple of questions regarding nursing bras and also about bedding for the cot:

My bra size hasn't changed at all (I'm still a 36c) so should I get a nursing bra in that size or should I wait a few more weeks to see if I change? Also the female members of my family couldn't breast feed, so what are the chances that I can? How many should I get and where are the best and cost effective places to buy as they as really expensive and don't want to get loads in case just like my mum and sister I can't breast feed.

Also secondly, what bedding would I need for a newborn? Do I need duvets or just sheets and blankets? What are you ladies doing or have done? Our baby is due in June and we all know what British summer time can be like!

Sorry for what may appear to be really stupid questions but this is my first and want to get it right!

With regatds to bras, id wait til about 36 weeks and get meassured for new bras!!

Breastfeeding, youre as likely as anyone else to succeed, if its what you really want, then get a nursing bra and hide the bottle sterilizer :)

Bedding, all we have (and had for first) is a fitted crib sheet(s) and a range of blankets to swaddle, then sleeping bags for when he gets bigger!

They usually say duvets are a no-no until LO is 12 months old.

The sleeping bags are excellent as no worries about blankets being kicked off in the night. My son hated having any blankets over him when he was little, so sleeping bags (sometimes called gro bags) were the best option for us.

The other option would be cellular blankets

I'm not sure about the nursing bra as I'm still in my original bras (non-underwired ones) but am after the same advice!

With regard to the bedding, I've bought fitted sheets for the mattress (moses basket first then cotbed) and plan to use sleeping bags when baby is bigger than 10lbs. until then we're going to try swaddling, but if she doesn't like that we'll probably just have a sheet and maybe a cellular blanket.

the sleeping bags I've got are 1 tog for summer (june baby too!) and a 2.5 tog for if it gets cooler. we've also bought a gro egg room thermometer so we can be 100% how warm it is so we can dress her appropriately. theres a useful chart that came with the gro egg that says what to dress them in for each temperature whether you're using sleeping bags or just sheets and blankets.

hope that helps a bit?!

:flower:

I got measured at 39 weeks I know I'm leaving everything late lol I got mine from m&s £30 for 2 just to start then will buy more when supply is in
pp said your just as likely to succeed as anyone
Bedding I have cot sheets and blankets for swaddling and sleeping bag for when baby is a few weeks old
I have a quilt as well but that's for show lol

Your cup size wont just change but possibly your back too as you could gain extra fat deposits there (thanks mother nature!)

They recommend you are measured 36 weeks earliest.

As for bedding, I'm very lucky because the baby is due to be so big he will be able to go into Gro bags right away - they are recommended by SIDs charities.

Your cup size can change - it can go up by up to two sizes. I held off until last week to get measured for a nursing bra (39 weeks). I've bought a pack of two from mother care for £30 and will see how I go with them. I didn't want to buy loads incase they aren't right for me, but they should keep me going for the first couple of weeks.

Re. Bedding, we also have fitted sheets for the crib and will be using sleeping bags (remember to follow the weight guidelines on the labels, most say baby should be at least 8lb) if our baby is smaller than 8lb we will use blankets layered up to begin with xxx

Sorry but I have got no idea on the bras - I will be watching the other ladies replies!

With regards to bedding we have this set:
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-bedtime-hugs-6-piece-bedding-curtains-set/773103801/type-i/

But I think initially this is purely for decoration (until about 1 year old) and I have bought 2 extra fitted sheets.

The first few weeks baby will be swaddled using muslins (I have 12) and covered with a light blanket if needed and then I have 2 sleeping bags for her when she is big enough (8lbs).

Baby will bed share with me initially before going into her cot sometime during her first year. When baby moves into cot the bumper will be removed.

Thanks ladies!

I'm glad I'm not the only one clueless about nursing bras!:wacko:
Will probably get measured around 38 weeks then. I really thought I'd get bigger boobs during pregnancy (was really looking forward to that - so was my OH lol:haha:) I guess they are late to the party!

In regards to bedding will now get the sheets, blankets and quite like the idea of the sleep bags for when he is a lil bit heavier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->