UK ladies-when did you get 12 week scan appointment?

IchigoMewMew

Me, DH and DD
Reaction score
I know all NHS trusts work differently but just wondering if it tends to be more of a last minute thing? I'm 10+3 today and haven't heard anything yet. Don't want to be the annoying person ringing up but also don't want to get missed if they didn't get the referral from the midwife

I was wondering this. Saw the midwife a week ago so I've been expecting something through. I'm consultant led too so I'd thought they'd book the appointments quite far in advance, obviously not! When did you see midwife? If it's been more than 2 weeks I would call

Saw the midwife about 2.5 weeks ago now, they bombarded me with so much info I can't remember if she said to call after a certain amount of time! She had a student with her so words were flying at me from all angles at some points lol

I got my letter through about a week before the appointment at 11 weeks

I actually had my scan at 10 weeks, because my periods were irregular I was two weeks behind their estimate. I was booked for my scan when I first saw the midwife :)

I got a letter for my first midwife appointment (10 weeks) and 12 week scan about 1 week after I self referred. And that was when I was around 5 weeks

I self referred myself today got my first app around 9weeks and then scan booked for 13weeks x

Following this.. I'm in Kent, UK too and would like to know when to expect the 12 week to come through!

I self-referred, had my mw booking in appointment at 8+1 weeks, then got my scan appointment letter 4 days later. Scan is on Sunday when I'll be 12 weeks exactly.

I'd ring to check at 11 weeks if I were you, just in case you've got lost in the system!

I was given my scan date at my booking appointment last week. I guess it was booked when they got my referal from my doctors at 6 weeks

Im in the UK too, i had to go to doctor and then she gave me a number to call to register the pregnancy, i then got two letters, one for an 8 week appointment and one for my 12 week scan.

I got the letter a few days after i called so i knew weeks in advance when my appointments were

Same as above. I got a letter of booking appointment and scan through about a week after I self referred so I've known for about a month when my scan would be.

I saw my midwife for booking in at 8+5 and got my scan date through exactly a week later.

Wow it's all so varied, thanks for the replies. I'm working at the hospital where my scan will be on thursday so if I haven't heard by then I'll go over the the ante natal department and ask

Got my appointment in the post today, the date on the letter was last friday. Thankfully its for a day DH is already off work, bet we'll have to end up completely overhauling my work rota or cancelling a couple of my own patients now!

Unfortunately the apps Arnt very flexible you kind of get what your given but hopefully you won't have too many that you will need to change your eroasterin or anything x

Mine has now arrived. So got it at 9 weeks, 1 week after mw appt

I didn't know about self referral so my GP referred me after I popped in at around 5 weeks.

I got my letters around 7 weeks and had my booking appointment at 9+2 and have a scan at 12+2.

I was 6 weeks when I saw the midwife, got scan appointment at 8 weeks and had my proper booking appointment at 10 weeks, scan is next week x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->