UK ladies who had consultant appointments...

Laura27

Reaction score
I've got a consultant appointment at 24 weeks instead of a community midwife appointment, due to PCOS, and I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of these? What do they do differently? Do you get scanned again? :shrug:

At my first consultant appointment with my daughter it was just a talk through my notes and check BP urine etc as normal and then plan the rest of pregnancy. I was discharged last time. This time was pretty much the same but told I needed growth scans and to see them every 4 weeks. I have no experience with pcos so I'm not sure what the plan would be for you but I would imagine the first one will just be to plan your care. Sorry I'm not much help x

From personal experience they don't usually scan you. It's basically just like another midwife appointment how ever it's just about the certain risk factors you have. They will discuss with you about your pcos Etc and then do the normal check urine, bp etc talk about any concerns you have. M
For example this pregnancy I've been told I'm underweight so have been told I need more growth scans, also been put on aspirin for possible pre eclampsia because of family history and also been told to come in asap in labour for antibiotis due to gbs. (All of these issues were discussed and resolved at this appointment) mine was fairly long this time. But my first pregnancy I was in and out with in 5 mins and discharged from the consultant. They decide whether you will be cared for by both midwife and consultant or just midwife xx

It will depend on why you have been referred to them. I had an appointment at 15 weeks because I've had a c section, so they went through the benefits of vbac with me. I didn't see them again until 34 weeks which was because of the vbac and also because my asthma has taken a turn for the worse this pregnancy and they seem a bit concerned about that, so I'm seeing them next week for my final decision on whether I want a c section and so they can check on my asthma again.

Basically a midwife appointment but with a consultant and to see if you need any extra appointments/scans throughout your pregnancy, like making a care plan. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->