UK mummies.. Do you/would you..?

i was out in the snow! hate staying in
umm Lo had long sleeved vest, long sleeved top, pants, snowsuit,hat,gloves,blankey and cosytoes and was warm enough but now its a bit warmer he has his clothes on then a coat/thick jacket and hat and gloves

Yep! All i need is my own snowsuit...and raincover..Bugger it...pram too pls :D

umm Lo had long sleeved vest, long sleeved top, pants, snowsuit,hat,gloves,blankey and cosytoes and was warm enough but now its a bit warmer he has his clothes on then a coat/thick jacket and hat and gloves

I agree with you. I cant stand staying inside (so much so that i go camping at least once a year lol)

I agree with you. I cant stand staying inside (so much so that i go camping at least once a year lol)

ah campings not for me. I did try it and the moths were too much for me to handle :lol: !
I can do caravans but no tents for me hehe.

we go out for lots of walks, in the cold I just add a snuggly blanket and I dont stay out too long x

I try get my lo one out a walk in his pram as much as I can with our misrable Scottish weather I drive so sometimes im a bit lazy haha xx

Thanks guys.. Ive taken lo out for a walk everyday since friday lol and today she went with oh to giv me some time to myself .. Altho i spent it cleanin!! Haha lol also i came across a website called hands free brolly.. Its a brolly that attaches to pram handles!! Was abt £19 plus pp.. Worth it? X

I live on the South Coast and have taken Evan out loads! He wears his normal clothes and either his puffa coat or his firry snowsuit and a blanket also he has the top cover of the pram. I have just got the footmuff for my pushchair so would take him out in that too. Akso a hat and gloves and pull his hood up. He always sleeps in his pram/pushchair so I know he is nice and toasty :)

He'd go stir crazy, as would I stuck indoors!!

I also took Evan out in the snow as he had a dr's apt I couldn't put off. Again he had sleepsuit, snowsuit, hat, 2 balnkets and pram cover x

Thanks guys.. Ive taken lo out for a walk everyday since friday lol and today she went with oh to giv me some time to myself .. Altho i spent it cleanin!! Haha lol also i came across a website called hands free brolly.. Its a brolly that attaches to pram handles!! Was abt £19 plus pp.. Worth it? It can also be used as a normal brolly xx

Yeah definately I try to get lo out twice a day but if not at least once. I always make sure he's wrapped up well wearing jumper, snowsuit, hat and gloves and always carry a spare blanket if needed. Babies should always have 1 more extra layer of clothes on than us x

i take aiden on a walk everyday whatever the weather. otherwise he gets bored in the house!

We got out for walks all the time, LO's going to be an outdoors girl we're getting her used to this cold weather now! We don't dress her in a pram suit. Usually a short sleeve body suit, then a sleep suit, then a jacket and pants and they aren't really that thick just the fuzzy cotton kind of material. Then a hat an no gloves as she hates them and no shoes since she kicks them off. We always start the walk with her in her stroller with the nice thick cosy toes thing on her but she eventually gets angry (we go on 2 hour walks) and ends up strapped to me in a carrier. Once she's in that I hold a blanket around her over the carrier, just a hand crochet blanket nothing super thick.
Sounds like she should be cold, but she's always happy as can be smiling and laughing so I think she's alright! =)

ah campings not for me. I did try it and the moths were too much for me to handle :lol: !
I can do caravans but no tents for me hehe.

how can anyone not like the outdoors. Put on some moth spray :thumbup:.

I always try & get out at least once a day with Lucas, i just wrap him up warm in his snowsuit & if its really windy put his raincover on:flower:

It would drive me mad being inside all day:haha:

Yes, we're out every day for a couple of hours at least. I make sure he is snug and warm. I love being out with my pram and will have to switch it to pushchair mode before too long so trying to make the most of it!

I've taken Fin out nearly every day, regardless of the weather, since the day after he was born. Through the snow and everything. I just wrap him up LOADS if it's really cold and if there's a bitter wind I keep the raincover down to keep the cold wind off his face.

I'd advise anyone to do the same... really helped my sanity. Every day seems better once I've been out :) xx

The only time we haven't gone out is over Christmas when it was really icy - I'm terrible at driving the pram as it is! :haha:

We now do a huge walk every morning. This morning she wore PJs, sleeping bag, jacket (undone), hat & hood. The pram also has fleecy blankets. She looks v cute all bundled up. This afternoon I nipped to the shops & took her in my sling. She just wears clothes + snowsuit for that as she obviously has my warmth. Both times she was toasty when we got home.

I think it's really important to get out & about. For both your sanity!

As long as they are snuggled up in a warm snowsuit/cosytoes/etc then its fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->