Uk mums - best vitamins

m nonie

Reaction score
Hi, could anyone suggest good vitamins I used viobiotics pregnancy ones last time but wondering what everyone else suggests? :flower:

I took folic acid and b6. I decided for everything else my food would give me what i needed. I think pregnacare and seven seas do a multi vitamin for pregnancy x

I took folic acid up Untill 12 weeks then from 12 weeks I've been taking pregnacare.

:flower:

I've guy the seven seas one although I actually prefer the seven seas preconception one which contains all the folic etc you need, but as much other stuff but the tablets are tiny unlike all the others

Since the World Health Organization linked ADHD and learning disabilities to low prenatal iron levels (we'd need to eat 28 heaping plates of spinach/day to get the min required amount of iron and veggie iron isn't very easy to absorb - red meat iron is easiest but I don't eat enough to meet anywhere near the minimums!) I put liquid iron in my shakes twice/week. If your prenatal combines iron with calcium you are probably super constipated. Iron binds with all things dairy and calcium, any prenatal worth it's salt separates iron in one pill and calcium in the other. The two combined will reek havoc on your tummy. Iron in pill form is terrible, liquid vits whenever possible gives you way more bang for your buck (bio-absorption).

Liquid D, low vit D is highly linked to mc & inflammation, folic acid, vit B12/6, and E. I also take magnesium once/week but I work out a lot and need it for relaxing sore muscles.

I take boots version of pregnacare but I used pregnacare last pregnancy. I've got a higher than average bmi so I've got to make sure I have vit d as well as folic acid but figure it can't hurt to have all the others too.

I've been using Pregnacare this time again x

Pregnacare here! They were on 3 for 2 at boots so got the whole 9 months supply x

I bought Asda's own pregnancy multivitamins. It's £5 for 1 pack (30 days worth) or 2 packs for £7.

Yea the pregnacare ones worked out pretty good value, the 90 pack was about £11 in Boots and on 3 for 2 so got the whole 9 months worth for £22 :D

tescos multi vitimin with added iron
folic acid
zinc

are my combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back