UK mums: what will your summer baby wear in hospital and going home?

TrixieLox

Reaction score
I'm getting really confused! I bought a whole load of clothes this weekend but think I went OTT and didn't get the right stuff.

The majority of items I got are short-sleeved, not covering feet and not button down so need tugging over head. But this tends to be what's in the stores right now. Aren't babies a bit chilly and need a bit more than this, even if it's hot? I got some sleep suits.

Am due in July so confusing. Don't want her too hot, don't want her too cold!

I generally dress a baby to the 'one more layer than us'

So if I have a vest and shorts on baby will just need some socks & jacket extra.

I plan on just using vests & baby gro's for the first few weeks

Same as pp, def keeping baby in vests & babygrows for a few weeks at least.

Next have some lovely babygrows that have the mitts attached already. They have matching hats and headbands too if you want to make baby look cuter!

If you want to pick up some cheaper ones then George have got loads of choice at the moment too, baby will probably only wear them a couple of times before growing out of them.

Plus in the first few weeks most babies are wrapped/swaddled up in blankets so most outfits wont even been seen by people!

I had my dd1 in July and it was a heat wave! She was in just a vest at the hops as it was sooooooo hot in there. Dd2 was April and she was nappy only in hops as she was on me most of time and again hops was hot. Covered in a lil blanket I might add. She LIVED in babygrows for nearly 4 months as I had a toddlar to dress too lol. Poor thing!
This one I plan babygrows too and have bought a few of her own ones.
It is sooooooo difficult to get the non button down front ones on babys lol. I tried with dd1. Never used again and the ones i had ended up in charity shop. Marks and Sparks have lovely ones in there at the moment and not too bad on price. Better than mothercare prices and funky designs too.
I agree with the pp about 1 extra layer more than us. I was told that in hops and gone by that rule with all kids xxx

Vest and sleepsuit.
Ds was born at the exact same time of year and he was fine in those. With a knitted cardigan on top for leaving the hospital

My lo was born in August and so in the hospital he just wore a vest and a baby gro. When we were home it was pretty much the same or if I put him in outfits it's was always a vest and then either a romper with socks, or jiggers and long sleeved top. A purple of times it was really hot shoe wore a vest and a short sleeved shorts romper or just a vest.

One extra layer than us which is usually easier if its the vest or a cardi.. You can keep an eye by checking their stomachs or back of neck to see if they are hot or cold

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->