UK (Scotland) Mummies!

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I got my first BFP today and have started to wonder what is next. I'm going to retest on Tuesday or Wednesday once AF is officially late so I haven't phoned my Drs yet. This is my first pregnancy and we're keeping it a secret for now so you girls are my information sources! What can I expect when I do phone the Drs? If they get me in for an appointment about 8 weeks what will that entail? Blood taken etc? I know first scans aren't until 12 weeks!

I'm in Edinburgh. With my first pregnancy I phoned the doctors as soon as I got my BFP. If I remember right they got me to hand in a urine sample so they could do their own pregnancy test, which came back positive. They got me in around a week after that and took a note of all the details of my last period etc, then worked out how far along I was. The doctor had a chat with me and my husband about what to expect over the next few weeks, then we just waited for our scan date to come in the post.

Good luck at your appointment and congrats on your BFP. X

I'm in Edinburgh to, I phoned the mw direct (Google pregnancy Edinburgh our something) and they booked me in for 8weeks and posted me some paperwork and a date for my scan as well. At my 8 week they took a blood test and urine test (no pregnancy test) and asked a lot of questions (took about 90mins), family circumstances, medical history etc, height and weight etc.

Congratulations! I'm just outside Glasgow. I waited until a few days after my BFP before I called my drs. I spoke to the receptionist who gave me a number directly for the central booking line for the midwives. I called them and they gave me a date for my first midwife app at 8 weeks and also a date for my 12 week scan. Confirmation was then posted out and that was that. Bit of a waiting game now.

I'm in west Central Scotland (btw, hi! Congrats! Remember me from wtt?!? Looks like we are pretty close on dates!) at my surgery you contact the gp who gives you a form, you fill this in and hand it back at reception along with a urine sample and then the mw calls you back. I'm holding off from doing this ATM as I am under the care of the early pregnancy unit.

Thanks ladies. I'll phone my Drs at the end of the week once AF is officially late and I've confirmed another BFP with HPT. at least I have a rough idea of what to expect now. I have anxiety issues so not knowing anything freaks me out!

Loeylo - congrats on your BFP! I remember you from WTT. Really hope you get a sticky been and you have a happy and healthy 9 months. According to the date of my last AF I'm due 26/10. How about you?

I'm due 17/10 according to lmp but in actual fact it will be slightly later as my cycles are usually 31 days, so I'm thinking the 20th!

Hopefully we both have sticky beans this time and we can be bump buddies! Where in Scotland are you?

I'm Glasgow based. Well, just outside Glasgow really.

Congratulations on your BFP, how exciting for you!!!!! Im in Dunfermline!!! I got an appointment as soon as I had a BFP but my drs surgery is always so full the first one I could get was 2 weeks away from that time, so I had a long wait!! And when we did go to the appointment all the dr did was tell me to get an appointment with the midwife, so it was a bit useless! I would advise just getting an appointment with your community midwife straight away: just phone your gp surgery and ask the reception for an appointment with the midwife so you dont have to wait ages like I did, those were the longest 3 months!!

I got my appointment with the midwife a week later and she just took my blood pressure and asked some questions, gave me some information and referred me to the antenatal clinic for a scan. I now have the date for my 12 week scan (still have 2 weeks to go) and I think its at that appointment that they take blood and stuff!! Inbetween now and then I have to arrange for the midwife to come and visit me at home as well!

Hope that helps a little! Its so daunting not really knowing whats going on isnt it!!

Congrats again!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"