UK - Scotland - Those bottle feedling - do hospitals provide milk whilst you are in?

thethomsons

Reaction score
When I had DS1 the hospital gave me milk, wondering if this will be the same this time?

Thanks in advance

Mine provides milk, I'm in Bristol, also bath provides mill

Mine doesn't. The nhs is discouraging it to cut costs and promote bfing

I remember people bringing in their own milk but my 1st dd struggled with weight loss, jaundice so the midwife gave her a tiny cup (like 1oz) of formula to try and get her strength up as I was still only producing colostrum.

Forth valley doesn't. They only give milk for those that are struggling with Breastfeeding

Nope ours doesn't unless you're struggling with BFing, if you've chosed to FF here you have to supply your own x

Edinburgh did when I had Tori i think, but I would have taken my own if I had intended to FF. You can get starter packs in Asda, Boots and most supermarkets now.

My hospital rules are if you've chosen formula feeding then you must supply your own.

our nhs supplied milk when my sister's baby was born July last year. She started to breastfeed but but had some fibroid complications and she couldn't continue. They gave her a choice of aptamil, cow & gate or sma for the baby all through her stay at the hospital.

Ours dont. Which is a shame. I have told my fella we are buying a few packets just in case.

I gave birth at Simpsons at little france in Edinburgh in 2011 and they did - aptamil, but you might want to ask your midwife to see if they still do.

i got out of the victoria after 6 hours so not sure as was breast feeding but when i had my other two at the old forth park they did supply it. probably best to take a few bottles incase, most makes do a starter kit with tiny bottles and teats, thats what i took with me xx

Check with your local hospital, probably safest, but locally here they only provide for emergency use if baby won't latch for BF or any other problems leading to not being able to Bf, if you've chosen to ff they expect you to provide your own, along with bottles/teats etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->