UK Stay in Hospital Afterwards Shortened! (Apparently)

5 days!!! I would have died

I had my EMCS done overnight stayed one more night and went home the next afternoon so not quite 48 hours.

I chose to go to the birth centre locally for a night but I could have gone home.

I had to stay in for 5 days as had pre-eclampsia, but the norm in Ireland is 3 days -- I think if all is fine and routine, you probably could go home on day 3 (I would be hesitant about going home the next day as you might not be '100% post-section', e.g. able to move around, etc.)

best wished

The norm is 3 days but they do push women out quickly due to bed shortages. I was told that as soon as catheter was out and I had produced 2 wees I could go home. Took the catheter out myself, lied about having done the wee and discharged myself 24 hours later. The postnatal ward was full of uncaring staff who didn't want to be there, got much better support at home as family was not turfed out at 9pm.

2 days in my hospital. However i could stay longer if i wanted. But 2 days is the minimum.

I managed a stay of less then 24 hours. I had my third daughter (third section) on 9th March at 18:25 and was 'discharged' at around 5pm, but had to wait around for 2 hours for the doctor to sign my papers before I could leave.

I wanted to go home at 8:30 that morning. I hate hospitals.

My first section I was in 3 days my 2nd 26hrs!! He walk out of the hospital was a killer but well worth it to be at home with my family :)

My section has been forward from 12th April to 28th March due to baby being small on scan, I will let you know how long I am in for.

I have a feeling being disabled, it will go one of two ways, they will either keep me longer or they will discharge me quite quickly to family care as I will need supprt from nurses when hubby is not there. If I don't get the help, I will get extremely ratty, so they will want to see the back of me.

Presuming we are both ok though

I was in for 3 days, I could of stayed an extra day but I really didnt want to as me and my daughter werent settling and I couldnt sleep that well at all.

I was in for two nights after my first section (emergency) and one after my second (planned).

I was in 3 days but was kept in an extra day due to heavy bleeding, at the Leicester Royal last year the normal was 2 nights x

I stayed 24 hours with my elective, had Connie at 11.51am Monday and was discharged at 1.30pm on Tuesday! I didn't ask to be, they offered! I was a bit shocked but Connie was feeding well, I was up about and had showered and passed urine so there was no real reason to keep me in there.

Had an EMCS in 20909 and stayed 2 nights, was told the norm was 3 nights was well so left early l def not 5 nights !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->