Ultimate Venting Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vent today is about my stupid self.

My friend told me about the trick where you can hang a pencil from needle and thread over your wrist and based on how it moves and whatnot it can predict how many kids you'll have. So I was youtubing it and found one where you tie floss to a ring and do it. So I did it and the stupid ring didn't move at all! So now I'm just feeling so depressed over a stupid old wives' tale! :/

Hello ladies. Hope you don't mind me. I feel like I need to get it out somewhere/somhow without being told I'm jealous. I know I'm jealous!

Just found out that my DH's younger brother (just turned 19) and his GF are expecting. Since my little sister had my niece last year, I've been keeping myself going by telling myself that at least we'll have the first grandkid on his side of the family.The sonogram and BFP on facebook is eating at me. I know it is so dumb but I'm so mad and hurt and sad! I just I want throw things around and smash stuff but I'm even too passive for that.

Thats perfectly normal, don't you dare feel bad! Its definitely not dumb! Its like if a friend won the lottery, and posted their piles of cash and gold on Facebook everyday, you would soon delete them for being an arse, in my eyes, having a baby is exactly the same. Just because you have one, don't post it all over Facebook!

If you want, I am more than willing to share all of the instruments I use to throw at pregnant woman! (Not literally, I mean mentally throw at them in anger!)

Vent :

Last night I must have accidentally swallowed a razor blade. My throat is in absolute tatters and my face is just full of snot. :cry: thats right, I'm so attractive right now!

Thank you, Stephie. I really hope you didn't hurt your throat too bad. :( That sounds incredibly painful!

Oh dear, did you go to the hospital? Oh wait, it must be an analogy. Drat, I'm such a twit.

Oh I don't know, i couldn't even swallow yesterday it was so painful (much to DHs displeasure :blush:) but maybe a day of soup will help the diet :thumbup:

Thanks Castastic, nothing a day of milking it with DH and a shed load of medications can't sort out!

Wristwatch - Don't pay any attention to all that mumbo jumbo! Old wives tales are old wives tales for a reason, I mean I ate TONS of bread crusts when I was younger and my hair NEVER went curly :winkwink:

Hello everyone, i am not a LTTTC girl, but i have been reading through this thread, and whilst i was a bit shocked at first, i can understand how people on here are feeling.

I just wanted to say, i am thinking of you girls and really admire you all, very strong girls xxx

Oh dear, did you go to the hospital? Oh wait, it must be an analogy. Drat, I'm such a twit.

Oh I don't know, i couldn't even swallow yesterday it was so painful (much to DHs displeasure :blush:) but maybe a day of soup will help the diet :thumbup:

Thanks Castastic, nothing a day of milking it with DH and a shed load of medications can't sort out!

Wristwatch - Don't pay any attention to all that mumbo jumbo! Old wives tales are old wives tales for a reason, I mean I ate TONS of bread crusts when I was younger and my hair NEVER went curly :winkwink:

Hahaha, thanks :) And I hope you feel better!

Hello everyone, i am not a LTTTC girl, but i have been reading through this thread, and whilst i was a bit shocked at first, i can understand how people on here are feeling.

I just wanted to say, i am thinking of you girls and really admire you all, very strong girls xxx

That's incredibly kind of you, and genuinely appreciated.

While this thread has a negative approach to everyone else..it is a positive for us since we can't let our true feelings out in public. We must stay tactful and wait till we're behind closed doors. Sometimes, I don't make it. :haha:

We do receive a lot of backlash on a daily basis from other women, family, and friends. So it's very comforting to read your comment, thank you.

At dh's gig last night a very drunk girl asked if dh was my son (he's 3 yrs younger than me).

At his gig tonight I was asked if I had any kids & when I replied I had a dd turning 17 in a fee days I was told 'you don't look old enough to have a 17 yr old.

What a crazy town I live in!

Uh oh...we have a friend sleeping over with her bf, they were doing a lot of baby talk between each other and only been together for 4 months..if i hear one more "we tried and got bfp on the first month" i don't know what i'm going to do..probably a mental breakdown. I got a feeling they're very fertile and i'm usually right about these things. I can feel my heart sinking when i'll hear the news already.

That's incredibly kind of you, and genuinely appreciated.

While this thread has a negative approach to everyone else..it is a positive for us since we can't let our true feelings out in public. We must stay tactful and wait till we're behind closed doors. Sometimes, I don't make it. :haha:

We do receive a lot of backlash on a daily basis from other women, family, and friends. So it's very comforting to read your comment, thank you.

I completely understand, and probably half the stuff said on here is not genuinely meant , but sometimes just saying things helps you to process them.

Like i said, i have not had the experience of ltttc but my best friend did, and it was terrible for her. However i do have experience of how stupid people can be, and how comments made can cut through you like a knife, My child died a few years ago, and on my return to work a colleague said to me "i know how you feel, my dog died two weeks ago" i was hysterical for about two days. I dont know why people think they have to comment....

Like i said good luck on all your journey, i will be watching you all xx

Hey ladies!

My vent fior today: i waited a whole 83 days dfor my period to finally show up....had about two weeks of spotting.....for it to be around for a day only to disappear again! Is that it or was it just pretending to appear?!
I hate PCOS no one cycle is the same! Grrrr

I completely understand, and probably half the stuff said on here is not genuinely meant , but sometimes just saying things helps you to process them.

Like i said, i have not had the experience of ltttc but my best friend did, and it was terrible for her. However i do have experience of how stupid people can be, and how comments made can cut through you like a knife, My child died a few years ago, and on my return to work a colleague said to me "i know how you feel, my dog died two weeks ago" i was hysterical for about two days. I dont know why people think they have to comment....

Like i said good luck on all your journey, i will be watching you all xx

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: I can't even begin to imagine what you went through, you must be an amazingly strong woman.

As of your co-worker, all I can say is people really are idiots! Im sure some people are put on this earth just to show us what NOT to do. I hope you have him/her a piece of your mind.

:flower:

In the 3 years we've been together, DH has pissed me off more times in the past week then those 3 years combined. We just m/c last weekend, here he went off asking our friends that whenever we conceive a child for them to be the god parents. I dunno if just have different opposite ways of coping but i'm still supposed to be pregnant right now, shut the bleep up about conception!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad enough it was very socially awkward for me all weekend trying to fake smiling the whole time.

Hi Ladies, i hope you don't mind me joining but i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't have a rant.
Well myself & DH have been TTCing for 18 months (not aslong as alot of you i know) we've been married 2 years in September, i'm 31 next week & DH is 40. We've had some tests done & DH is fine & so am i, or they think anyway. So on Friday the girl i sit next to at work pipped up with 'I've got some gossip' after a few 'who you having an affair with jokes' she tells us she's 13 weeks pregnant. At that point i dissappeared to the toilets to cry :cry:. She has been with her bloke for about a year & got pregnant the month after stopping the pill, apparently it was kind of planned but they didn't think it would happen that quick. She does already have a little girl by her ex that she usually leaves with her parents so that her & new bloke can go out to get pissed & they went on a 2 week holiday without the little girl because 'they hadn't had a proper holiday with just the 2 of them'
I don't know if i'm just over reacting or just being a bitch but i just feel so upset & the 'when will it be my turn' keeps popping into my head.
I hope i haven't bored you too much but i just needed to vent.
xx

Hi ladies, ive just popped over from another forum. i know this is not my place as i am pregnant but it took me alot to get to this point. including multi miscarraiges.
I just want to say Im sorry some of you are feeling the way you are and think of most pregnant women as being smug and taking things for granted. I just want to also say I agree with you... Any women that is stood smoking a fag with a massive baby bump is a discrace and obviously doesnt care about her childs health the same goes with anything a mum may be doing to put her childs health in risk... But we are not all like this and some of the things written in this forum are really offensive :( I know its not pointed at BnB members in particular especially not me in particular. I dont know any of you ladies but i do know what its like to want nothing more than to be a mother. If you go on the pregnancy forums you will never get the women on there bad mouthing LTTTC ladies or any sort of TTC atal!
I just wish you all the best of luck and hope to see you over in the first Tri soon and that we are not all heartless bitches that take things for granted
x

KeriEloise much appreciated for your kind words. We know not all of them are nuts, just the ones we've met lol. But please, for future reference for you and other BFP women as it was a discussion earlier in this thread..please turn the signature off when posting here.

If you go thru the ltttc boards keri, u will find quite a few pregnant ladies making comments on threads saying we are bitter, selfish & can't be happy for anyone.
Ltttc is where we usually stay as it is relatively safe from women like that.

The thing is, ladies who have been TTC and are now pregnant don't NEED us to be happy for them, their happiness is already complete.

If this thread is offensive to you then don't visit it. It's clearly labelled the venting thread. What were you expecting? (if you pardon the pun!)

Keri Eloise, thank you for reminding us that not every pregnant woman we see had an easy time getting there or did it only to spite us :)
however, as I'm sure you know if you had trouble getting pregnant, we sometimes feel bad for ourselves, we feel angry, we feel sad, we feel jealous of pregnant women and then we feel bad for feeling that way and I think we need a thread to let those emotions out.
I also think that if you find this thread offensive, you really shouldn't - because we say these things in anger or when we are going through a tough time, and I'm sure we don't truly mean it.
I also think that you shouldn't be reading this thread and reprimanding us for it - you may have been one of the lucky and strong few who did not feel this way during TTC. For me, B&B is a life saver and pretty much the only place where I can allow myself to vent.

I really havent said anything negative atal... so im taking offense to your pun in all honesty.
im not a nasty person I just wanted to show my respects and to let you know we arnt all fag smoking Winos taking things for granted. Im sorry if i have upset anyone. Im sorry i didnt see the thing about the signature either i will bare it in mind for the future.
I understand you need somewhere to vent and its lovely that you can share that with women on here. i purely looked out of noseyness and wondered if you ladies felt in anger. i was unfortunate and went through my dark time regarding TTC and MC on my own. im happy you have people you can share it with.
I really do wish you all the best. and like ive said im sorry if i have caused anyone offense its really not been my intention atal.
:flower:

okay, today, on facebook (obviously!!) she announced that she has grown out of her maternity top, put photos of her beautiful children on holiday and changed her profile pic to her scan photo.

OK I KNOW YOU'RE PREGNANT.

Hi ladies, ive just popped over from another forum. i know this is not my place as i am pregnant but it took me alot to get to this point. including multi miscarraiges.
I just want to say Im sorry some of you are feeling the way you are and think of most pregnant women as being smug and taking things for granted. I just want to also say I agree with you... Any women that is stood smoking a fag with a massive baby bump is a discrace and obviously doesnt care about her childs health the same goes with anything a mum may be doing to put her childs health in risk... But we are not all like this and some of the things written in this forum are really offensive :( I know its not pointed at BnB members in particular especially not me in particular. I dont know any of you ladies but i do know what its like to want nothing more than to be a mother. If you go on the pregnancy forums you will never get the women on there bad mouthing LTTTC ladies or any sort of TTC atal!
I just wish you all the best of luck and hope to see you over in the first Tri soon and that we are not all heartless bitches that take things for granted
x

i have to agree with keri, its not nice to rant about pregnant women, pregnant women also had hard time ttc to you know, even i had a long time ttc and im 18 now but i finally got there just like everyone else will, im really sorry to hear about everyone ttc i really do cause i was the same but from my exprience, we all will get our little LO in our arms one day :) i wish you all best of luck and i really do hope you all will get your LO's :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"