Ultra sound

bee0633

Reaction score
When did you get your first u/s? I am 6 weeks doc wants me to make an appointment 6-8 weeks just curious if I will get it at this appointment?

Depends where you're from. In the US they tend to do u/s's early on in the office. I'm from Canada and we don't get our first u/s until 12 weeks unless there's an issue.
I'm not sure what the UK does?

I'm in the US and I got my first ultrasound at 8 weeks. Since that particular pregnancy ended in miscarriage, my doctor is doing an earlier ultrasound this time around.

UK it's not til 12 weeks or before if previous complications/loses or if problems early on.. not sure about anywhere else. They do booking in with doctor at 6-8 weeks then midwife at around 10 then arrange a ultrasound for around 12 weeks

I'm in Canada and my OB requests first viability ultrasound at 8 weeks...

I had my first one at 5 weeks to make sure it wasn't ectopic because I had bad one sided pain. Then I had another at 8 weeks to check for heartbeat and another at 12 weeks because they couldn't find the heart beat on the Doppler.

So depending on where you are...
In some countries you're likely to receive a trans-abdominal ultrasound (so you need to show up with a full bladder) and they'll examine you from the outside.
In some cases/countries, it's standard to do a vaginal (internal) ultrasound. With my mmc they couldn't find any heartbeat on the trans-abdob so they offered to do internal "just in case" and I said yes. You tend to get more detail with the internal exams.

HTH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->