Ultrasound- 5w6d- No fetal pole! (Update pg.8)

Zoey1

Baby Juliette Born 6/10
Reaction score
Hey girls,
I just got home from the doctors and had the worst ultrasound ever. I am approx. 5w6d and the dr. could NOT see the fetal pole, only the yoke sac. I am thoroughly depressed right now. I have another ultrasound next Monday, to see if it was just too early to detect anything. However, I'm pretty sure my dates are right. Has this happened to any of you, where no fetal pole showed in your 5th or 6th week, but appeared later? I can't believe I have to wait an entire week to know if there is a fetus there!! :cry:

Oh... I went in for an ultrasound this early because I was having slight pains on the right side, which turned out to be an ovarian cyst. The doc said that should not interfere with the pg.

Please help! Thx!!

usually you dont have a ultrasound until 14 weeks to 18 weeks where i live....so im not sure.....sorry i will pray that everything is ok though:)

I had this with carlee we didnt see her fetal pole until she was 7 weeks 6 days, no reasons why but when we did see it, it was measuring up to date. SO please jsut stay calm and relax, when I saw this post I know your heart was breaking

Well all I can say is good luck!!!:happydance: im sure everything will be fine!!!!

Don't worry..5 weeks is too early to see the fetus...
see the following link
https://www.advancedfertility.com/ultraso1.htm

The same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago - by my calculations I was 6 +1 but there was only a yolk sac which measured 5wks. The doctor said it could just be that I'm a week earlier than I think and at between 5 and 6wks you often don't see anything. I've had to wait 2wks and am going back tomorrow so will let you know what happens but try not to stress too much (believe me I know how hard that is lol!) I'm sure it'll be ok for us both :hug:

Try not to worry Hun... I had an early U/S at around 5/6 weeks, prob closer to 6 to rule out another ectopic, and they couldnt see a fetal pole, and now I have a gorgeous baby boy!! I will keep fingers crossed for you Hun, but I'm sure everything will be okay :hugs:

I didn't have a fetal pole at 6+2, so they put me back to 4 weeks. They put me forward again at my 12 week scan. Good luck. :hugs:

hey chick i wouldnt worry urself i had scan at 5 weeks an 2 days due to bleeding and could only see the yolk sack! please dont worry it could all be fine! xx

Its too early to see a fetal pole, but seeing a yolk sac is a very good sign. Dont worry, I am sure when u go in u will see ur baby with a heartbeat :)

Hold tight sweetie. You and baby are going to be fine.
:hug:
I have the option of an early scan at the EPU because of my m/c but so far I have decided not to. I figure that if there is anything wrong there is not much they can do at this stage and I don't need additional stress at the moment. I may go at 7-8 weeks when there is a chance to see something but until then I am too much of a coward!

Thinking of you.

Hx

lots of ladies vary, i know a lady on here who didnt see anything til nearly 7 weeks and all was fine. U may have ovulated late? Yolk sac is a good sign there is a pregnancy there, I had a scan at 5 weeks 5 days and the fetal pole was teeny so dont worry u might be a few days off. and every lady and pregnancy is different!

lots of ladies vary, i know a lady on here who didnt see anything til nearly 7 weeks and all was fine. U may have ovulated late? Yolk sac is a good sign there is a pregnancy there, I had a scan at 5 weeks 5 days and the fetal pole was teeny so dont worry u might be a few days off. and every lady and pregnancy is different!

Basically what bethyb says! I was lucky and saw heartbeat at 5+5 BUT I'm with the problem pregnancy unit and their equipment it much more hightech than usual NHS. Lots of girls don't see anything for another couple of weeks.

Jenn - Seems there are a lot of positive stories on here where many women have been in your situation only to see the fetal pole at their second scan and then went on to have a healthy, happy baby! You are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I honestly believe you have to have faith and think positive! Everything will turn out fine. We are all here for you :hugs: Jeannie

Hugs to you Jenn hun, im sure it will all be fine xxxx

Aw honey i know hos awful you must feel but I too think it may be too early to see anything.

I will prey for you tonight and keep my fingers crossed XXXX

Hi hun,
I know how you must be feeling right now.
I had an U/S at 5 weeks +3 and they couldn't see anything,I was beside myself with worry.
I went back at 6+4 and they saw baby and HB.
My dates were slightly out.

Try not to worry,it seems lots of us experienced the same thing too (((hugs)))

Zoey, I've never been pregnant but it's sounding positive from the comments from the other ladies. Also, there are tons of websites that say 5 weeks is too early to see bubs. :hugs: I'm sure everything will be okay. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->