Ultrasound PCOS: What should I expect? *UPDATE* Post Ultrasound

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
Hi :D

I have an ultrasound today. Doctor's think I may have PCOS. I have no idea what to expect! Anyone had one before to check out their ovaries? Do they tell me right away if I have cysts on my ovaries?

UPDATE:

Got the ultrasound done. Thankfully he saw no cysts and said everything looked perfectly normal.

Any ladies have PCOS but not any cysts?

I had this done. I was given an external (same as when having bubs) then an internal scan. I was told straight away that I had PCOS. Good luck, its not as uncomfy as a smear test.

Was the internal one same day, right after the first ultrasound?

Thanks!

yeah they did it straight away. They told me to go empty my bladder (what they didnt know was it was already empty.....I was on the bus and needed to pee so badly it hurt, so as soon as I got to the hosp I ran to the loo thinking I would be able to stop mid flo....hahahah, yeah right;))
it was like a giant dildo with a little light on the end :rofl: great fun, you should have seen my face. But it didnt hurt at all.

Did you have an internal scan too? Aparently it's the best way for them to see the ovaries.

I always thought it was quite hard to grasp that you can have PCOS and clear ovaries or polycystic ovaries and no PCOS but its like any syndrome in that you have a collection of symptoms with no clear cause. Did your ovaries look enlarged at all or were you totally clear?

Best of look in getting sorted!

I had both the external and internal one...straight after one another...doesnt hurt at all!

Im glad they found no cysts though :hugs:

i've had the external scan before, years ago, and now waiting on the internal too as am having problems now. they told me straight away they saw pcos on the ovaries.

:hugs: thats great they didn't find cysts :hugs: x

i had the external scan and didn't need an internal as they saw the cysts straight away on the external.

I've got PCOS and no cysts, not sure how it works, more of a hormone inbalance I think

Yeah me too. No cysts but still PCOS. Actually I have no idea what that means, I just got my results in the mail a few days ago and am still waiting for the next docs appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->