Ultrasound question

Reaction score
Has anyone had an ultrasound done and were able to see the placenta in the scan? I had a scan roughly 7+1-7+3 depending on which scan dates I go off of) and there were three masses/blobs in the gestation sac. The scan tech showed me the baby, yolk sac and then typed over the third mass/blob. I've shown my scan to other moms on Facebook and they told me it was the placenta. I can't seem to find anything online about the placenta looking like that in the scan. I've had early scans with my other three and have never seen that before :shrug:
Has anyone else seen the placenta in an early scan before? The scan tech spent about 5 minutes doing the scan and didn't seem too interested.

Im calling this thread "bad ultrasounds at 7.3 weeks" lol i also had a peculiar ultrasound that left me totally frazzled. All i can say is hope things look "normal" at the 12 week scan.

My doctor doesn't do 12w scans :( I have an elective scan booked at 16w and then at 20w my doc will do the anatomy scan. I hate waiting! Lol

That sucks :( Assuming you think there is more than one in there? I just keep telling myself knowing wont change how many are in there lol

Thats the yolk sac. You can see it on every early scan.

That sucks :( Assuming you think there is more than one in there? I just keep telling myself knowing wont change how many are in there lol

Lol, I don't feel that it's two in there. At least not anymore. I did before my scan (as did some friends of mine). But since the scan my "mothers intuition" feels knocked down :haha:

Thats the yolk sac. You can see it on every early scan.

The yolk sac is above the baby. She pointed out the baby and yolk sac, then typed "baby" over the third mass that I'm referring to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->