Ultrasound results, help please??

oxfairycakexo

Reaction score
Just had an ultrasound external and internal. She found one small cyst on left ovary and that was it. Does this mean i have pcos?! I have low progesrerone levels, usually under 5 so this cyst on top of the low progesterone was a bit of a shock.

Also AF is 9 days late, but she said my lining looks really thin like i've just had AF, but i haven't!! She said i look post af, as there were no folicles on either side.. yet? But that i could have just 'missed' af this cycle and gone straight on to the next.. what do yu guys think?? is low progesterone/thin lining basically thw same thing or is it something more? and the cyst?! what can i do to thicken my lining? i think thin lining explains the repeat chemical pregnancies though??

Help please, head is screwed! :( x

sorry for spelling mistakes, trying to type this out quickly whilst sat in a jam packed play centre ! x

Hey, usually cysts like that if they are small (less than 2cm) are nothing to worry about and if you have just one then it doesn't suggest pcos. Sounds as though you may not have ovulated this cycle though with a thin lining and low progesterone... could just be a one-off random cycle but it depends what your history is like with your periods? Do you get a follow up appointment? Also a cyst like that shouldn't stop you conceiving.

If it helps I have had 3cm cyst on one ovary (forget which!) for years and had 2 chemical preg/losses at 5 weeks but then took progesterone pessaries with next bfp and now have 7 month old son! Sounds similar story to yours a bit (although I don't know all your history!)

I dont think you have PCOS because with PCOS you would have lots of little cysts that make it difficult for ovulation to take place, along with high estrogen and testosterone and low FSH.

I think you have low estrogen which is why your lining is so thin and with cd 21 progesterone being a 5 I dont think your ovulating and yes a very thin lining makes it impossible for a embryo to implant properly resulting in a chemical pregnancy/very early miscarriage.

Thanks for replying! My cycles have been a bit all over the place tbh, this cycle i'm on cd 38, which is really unusual though, usually between 28-32 days. That is what threw me off when i had the scan and she said my lining looks post period! :/

I thought you could be diagnosed with pcos without the cysts though, or am i wrong??

I have really bad acne flare ups and strangely enough it usually clears leading up to af?! but had quite a bad outbreak 2 days ago so could be a sign af ISNT coming any time soon hmm.. also dark facial hair around the jawline but its quite fine, my beautician says ladies with pcos usually have more coarse hair idk..

I am taking a well woman (discussed in a diferent thread) with EPO in it, 2x vitex & a vit b6 daily, i don't know if i'm even taking the right things but i feel like atleast i am trying to do something iykwim?? Also have lost 1st 3lbs following slimming world, still have about 4 stone to lose though (currently 13st 11) could that be a cause for the low progesterone / thin lining??

Its weird because i had ewcm this morning which doesn't make sense as there arent even any folicles or anything, however i have had severe backache for 3-4 days now, another 'sign' that i thought af/ov was occuring.. eugh. i feel so confused.

I've been reading aboit raspberry leaf tea to help thicken uterus lining aswell as pomegranate juice, is this correct? is there something i should stop taking OR start taking for this?

sorry for rambling? i just dont have anyone else to talk to about all this, my fiance is great but he doesnt get the ins&outs of it all lol x

Thanks for replying! My cycles have been a bit all over the place tbh, this cycle i'm on cd 38, which is really unusual though, usually between 28-32 days. That is what threw me off when i had the scan and she said my lining looks post period! :/

I thought you could be diagnosed with pcos without the cysts though, or am i wrong??

I have really bad acne flare ups and strangely enough it usually clears leading up to af?! but had quite a bad outbreak 2 days ago so could be a sign af ISNT coming any time soon hmm.. also dark facial hair around the jawline but its quite fine, my beautician says ladies with pcos usually have more coarse hair idk..

I am taking a well woman (discussed in a diferent thread) with EPO in it, 2x vitex & a vit b6 daily, i don't know if i'm even taking the right things but i feel like atleast i am trying to do something iykwim?? Also have lost 1st 3lbs following slimming world, still have about 4 stone to lose though (currently 13st 11) could that be a cause for the low progesterone / thin lining??

Its weird because i had ewcm this morning which doesn't make sense as there arent even any folicles or anything, however i have had severe backache for 3-4 days now, another 'sign' that i thought af/ov was occuring.. eugh. i feel so confused.

I've been reading aboit raspberry leaf tea to help thicken uterus lining aswell as pomegranate juice, is this correct? is there something i should stop taking OR start taking for this?

sorry for rambling? i just dont have anyone else to talk to about all this, my fiance is great but he doesnt get the ins&outs of it all lol x

yes you can have PCOS and not have the multiple cysts on the ovary and some women have the polycystic ovarys without the symptoms .
Your doctor should test your hormone levels , testosterone, estrogen, FSH on CD 3 and that may give a better idea of whats going on.
When did you start taking EPO and vitex?.
Raspberry leaf is good for increasing uterine lining.

i have been taking EPO which is in a multivitamin for the past 35 days, 100mg daily.. not realising you shouldn't take after ovulation? why would they have it in a well woman multi vit in that case eugh! the vitex i have been taking for almost a week, 2 pills a day. (i took it to bring on af a few months ago and i think it worked or maybe it was a coinsidence?)

Anyway, checked cm this aft and still have ewcm, but not clear.. more white/creamy? AF now 10 days late.. just don't know what to think since there was no folicles either so can't see me ovulating.. x

EPO raises estrogen and anything that raises estrogen you dont want to take in the 2ww because it can throw hormones off balance I dont know if the low dose 100mg would though . could be the EPO thats making you have fertile cm.

So i could take the well woman vit until ovulation then swap to one without EPO for second half of cycle?

Oh, and just to add some more confusion.. my 'thin uterus' that looked 'post period' yesterday? well i'm not seeing light pink when i checked cm just now :/ x

https://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx152/oxfairycakexo/Screenshot_2014-10-30-08-19-22-1.png

Can someone have a look at my chart please? I cant get any sense out of it, the big dip a few days ago and now my temp has gone up a little again, but checking cp & cm this morning and still getting pink tinged cm and cervix is high and quite soft :/ woke up with an acne breakout on chin/jawline too, they are so painful :( x

'

Wondering if this pink cm (only noticable when checking cm) is in fact AF, but as uterus lining is thin there isn't really anything to 'shed' hence only lightly in cm? x

I am leary of taking EPO at all because it is a phytoestrogen and can mess with ovulation. if there is no ovulation and a very thin lining then AF will either be very light or not need to come at all. unfortunately I cant tell much from your chart because there are not enough temps. I hope your cycles start getting more regular .

Just had an ultrasound external and internal. She found one small cyst on left ovary and that was it. Does this mean i have pcos?! I have low progesrerone levels, usually under 5 so this cyst on top of the low progesterone was a bit of a shock.

Also AF is 9 days late, but she said my lining looks really thin like i've just had AF, but i haven't!! She said i look post af, as there were no folicles on either side.. yet? But that i could have just 'missed' af this cycle and gone straight on to the next.. what do yu guys think?? is low progesterone/thin lining basically thw same thing or is it something more? and the cyst?! what can i do to thicken my lining? i think thin lining explains the repeat chemical pregnancies though??

Help please, head is screwed! :( x

Having cysts does not necessarily mean you have PCOS. I was diagnosed with PCOS and I have no cysts, that were visible to the doctor. My Androgen levels were higher than normal and I experience rapid hair growth as well as weight gain and hard to loose. I would make sure I discuss everything with my doc to rule out anything else. It could very well be PCOS but make sure the doc runs the appropriate tests to diagnose it. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->