Um, had a thought... POOPING IN THE POOL???

H

hot tea

I don't mind the thought of pooping during labor in general... But I am planning a home water birth. What happens if you poop in the pool??? This thought has terrified me.

Thats what sieves are for.

Honestly, if it happens (which is perfectly normal) your MW will just scoop it out no fuss...same as if you poop on dry land they just clear it up and dont even mention it.

Yep, you get a sieve with your pool and they recommend to have a bucket available for such eventualities. You will probably not even notice.

I was petrified of pooing in labour last time and kept shouting that I needed the toilet! I didn't, it was the baby so I'm quite hopeful that I wont this time either.

For me, pooing in a pool is better than pooing on a hospital bed with midwives etc in between your legs!

im not even thinking about it ha ha! xx

We're going to buy a sieve :shrug:

I've told OH he has to scoop any poop out really fast as soon as it happens, as i can't imagine anything more distracting than a poo floating towards me mid-contraction- very off-putting i should think! :lol:

I do think it's slightly more gross than pooping on dry land but not by much...

Ahhahaahah thank you ladies!! The idea of wet floating poop does put me off a bit, but only a bit.

Looks like we have to buy a seive...

I pooped in the ambulance on the way to hospital...but I had my legs together and a sheet over me. Mind you i was 10 cm and the urge to push started a bit in the ambulance so its no surprise there was some poop.

I smelt like a festival by the time we got there...bleurgh.

I made hubby leave the room while I was put onto the bed and told the MW to clean me up a bit LOL.

I have no idea if I pooped again when I was pushing...I expect so but the MW was changing the inco pads really regularly as I was bleeding a bunch.

Meh your about to push a baby out of your foof, whats a little poop between friends LOL?1

We've got a sieve :)

My hubby said to my Mum the other day "You know your marriage has reached a whole new stage when you're going to be scooping your wifes poo out of a pool!" :rofl:

Pooping in the pool would be gross if you weren't attempting to push a child out of your vagina! It may seem gross now but I am sure in the moment you won't give a sh*t lol

Oh Gaaawwwddd....well there's not much you can do is there! I think you are somewhat less likely to poo in water, but it happens..You would think on the 2nd it would be less worrying (things like this) but it's got to that time again, kind of lateish second trimester, when I start to worry again...!! Yep i'd say a sieve and turn a blind eye...:haha:

my oh has said he will scoop it out but i know for a fact he will take great delight in making sure i know that he has done so LOL!

We bought a cheap sieve to clear the pool of any "debris". I know I did and I know dh quietly cleared it away without mentioning it.

As the baby's head moves down, it will push anything out that is waiting in your bottom. Poo is usually a sign that your baby is almost here :D

The midwives will have seen the same thing in nearly all the births they have attended so far. It will not faze them in the slightest.

If your partner will be there and you're worried about it, keep them at the head end? Or re-consider them being present. You need to be comfy with everyone who is in the room being there, it helps to facillitate an easier and more comfy birth :)

The WORRY of poo-ing, the fear of embarrassment, of how OH might see it, how me might see me, how he would deal with it, make a fuss, laugh.... that would have made me HOLD BACK which is NOT what you want during birth! Had he been like that, I don't think I could have had him there in the room. That said, a lot of guys say stuff like that but on the day they do manage to be mature and discrete. Thank goodness :)

Thanks so much all of you.

Madasa, that is lovely advice. I appreciate it! I am honestly not too worried about it. My OH knows I probably will, I told him about the sieve and we have had a good laugh. He lets everything "hang out" so to speak, so only a small part of me has an issue. I know that part with fly out the window once I am at that point anyways.

Its just one of those things as a girl you are trained from a very very early age to toilet alone. As soon as we can use the loo alone we're left to do it without anyone else around and that habit stays for life.

I wasn't so bothered thats I has pushed some poo out in the ambulance so much as that dammit why did I have to do it in such a small space!! I smelled BAD.

Thankfully I was covered in a sheet ands had my legs together LOL

I feel the same me and my hubby are very private with that. I sure dont want him to see my poo.I almost fear that it mayt hinder my progrss I hope my body empty's itself in early labor like with my previous births but you never know :0) Good luck ladies

I sent my dad out today to buy me a little fishing net for this very eventuality. I guess that it is only natural and nothing you can do if it happens it happens.

I have no doubt that I pooped the last time. I can't remember seeing it and neither can OH but I'm pretty sure I did. MW was really quick at getting rid of it though. Its a good sign, the poop :haha:

I'm praying OH won't make fun of me, I know my MW and mother have seen it many times before.. and my mom has never pooped in labour so I have some hope.. even if I know I have pooped in the pool I'm going to pretend I don't unless it floats towards me :haha:

I'm not bothered about pooping in the pool when pushing but my DH doesn't want to be in the pool in case it happens whilst he's in there! Haha. He might change his mind on the day!

Oh Gaaawwwddd....well there's not much you can do is there! I think you are somewhat less likely to poo in water, but it happens..You would think on the 2nd it would be less worrying (things like this) but it's got to that time again, kind of lateish second trimester, when I start to worry again...!! Yep i'd say a sieve and turn a blind eye...:haha:

yeah youre right

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->