umbilical cords and necks

T

tinytoes

This is perhaps a little early to start worrying (but being pregnant i'm getting my worries in early!!..), but it's something that worries both me and my OH.
Both my OH and his dad had the cord wrapped around their necks at birth which caused complications.

I know i'm only second tri, but we had a scan today adn I saw the cord was up near the head end (last week it was down the other end) which slightly worries me....should I worry?!

I mean, you never hear of babies getting into cord-trouble this early do we?!

My baby is a very wriggly little boy and I worry that all his wriggling could lead him into trouble..

I often worry about that too.

Mine is also a wriggly little worm.
My cousin's cord was wrapped around his neck. My aunt's told me her story.
It was "Ok push! Push! And again push!..... no wait. STOP! Do NOT push! If you push you'll kill you're child."

Bit scary since every mother has told me when your body wants to push your mind has little control over it.

I do worry that that will be a problem. One can only hope not hey?

jeeze that's terrifying....I'm leaning more towards the c section route every day!

But there's nothign to worry about NOW is there? I mean, could baby get tangled up now? Or is it just at birth or in the last few weeks?

I try not to worry about that sort of thing. Nature has given us the perfect environment to grow a baby in. If having an umbilical cord was so dangerous then surely the human race would have died out thousands of years ago. When you deliver your midwife/dr will be looking out for such things and will act appropriately.:happydance:

I agree with Coccyx, plus one of my books said it is very common for the cord to wrap around the baby's neck, in about a 1/3 of all births this happens. In the natural childbirth book, they didn't treat it as a major concern, just slowed the pushing, and looped it off the baby, and then on with the pushing.

In the womb, it can't do any damage. It's like trying to tie your hair in a knot, it won't stay. It's only at birth if it gets caught, but like Samantha said, it's really not a big deal to fix it. c-section is not the way to go if you have a choice, the recovery is Hell!!

2 of mine were both born with cord round the neck.

One they just removed as she arrived, but did give a couple of whiffs of oxygen just to stabilise her breathing.

The other arrived even quicker and was delivered with cord around was blue and whisked away but a couple orf mins ( felt like hrs though) later and she was right as rain.

MW said after first one was born with cord round neck its very common.

Both my girls are fit healthy now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->