Unable to sleep

E

em91

The last three nights I've had hardly any sleep.

The first night, I didn't sleep at all, & when my OH (that's other half, right? LOL) got up for work at 6am I was still wide awake, and sat in bed crying for about an hour because I was tired, but couldn't sleep. Didn't fall asleep all day either.

The second night, the same again except I had maybe two/two & a half hours, from about 3-ish to between half 5/6ish.. again very emotional and said to my OH "I don't understand why I was crying earlier..." and as I was saying that, I burst into tears again... didn't sleep during the day either..

Last night I got maybe about 5 hours sleep... and not slept today either.. I'm hoping I get a decent nights sleep tonight.. :(

Anyway, I was just wondering; is this a pregnancy thing? Like, is this normal during early pregnancy?

I think maybe I should go the doctors?
I don't know, it's just driving me insane!

Is there anything I can have to help me sleep? I know I can't have tablets or anything because of being pregnant..

Yes its completely normal, I was the same when I first found out I was pregnant with all the adrenaline and thoughts going through my head. Now I'm up to pee several times a night!

Things that I find help get me to sleep:

- warm milk drink before bed
- relaxing bath with candles and music before bed
- going to bed 30 mins before wanting to go to sleep and just laying, relaxing, possibly reading (if that relaxes you) or listening to soothing music
- deep breathing - try meditation apps/music they are really good
- get H to tickle me (if he's playing ball lol)

If all else fails, I try and count to 1000, visualising each number, taking it steady and concentrating. If I go off track with my thoughts it no biggy, dont get stressed, just go back to the last number you can remember being on. Stick with it and you'll drop off. I think the highest I remember getting to is 400 something!

Good luck :)

ahh I feel your pain! I am the same, and unfortunately not getting more than around 2 hours in a row of sleep. Keep waking up needing a wee! very annoying!
I guess that you must have just found out your pregnant so you most likely have a million things going round in your mind? is there one or two things that you are thinking about a lot or particularly anxious about? can you speak to your OH (and yup, means other half :) ) about it? I was like that at first, it does get a bit easier and until you need to wee all the time! haha if it carries on for a few more nights I would go and see your doctor perhaps and see if there is anything they can help with?? good luck :)

Yeah, my mind won't switch off...

mostly i'm thinking about telling people (we've told no one yet - terrified what my mum will say haha, but i don't see her that often and waiting for her to come over, don't want to tell her over the phone, though at this rate i might text her "mum i'm pregnant don't kill me" haha.

my OH said count to 1,000 but i got bored of that .. ha. i might give it a go.

& i do read mostly before bed, because i love reading and sometimes makes me tired, but tonight i might try a warm bath, reading and then sleeping... i hope it works.

i'm going to look at meditation apps.. never thought of that!

if i'm still the same in a couple nights i'm going to go the drs..

thanks guys! :)

My sleeping has been wonky the past few days too. I'm exhausted in the evenings and rarely awake after 10pm but awake and bright as a button at 5/6am (I'm not usually such a morning person!)

When I can't sleep, I swear by watching 'planet earth' (not the one with Oprah narrating!). There's something about David Attenburgh's voice that soothes me to sleep. Hope you can get some proper sleep soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->