uncomfortable after dinner!!!???!!

kirsty87

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing this? After eating my meal in the evenings it seems so slow to digest, and i end up going to bed with a horrible taste in my mouth and feeling a bit sick!! because i can still feel my dinner sitting in my stomach from roughly 4 hrs beforehand! It doesn't seem to happen during the day, only seems to be after dinner in the evening. Im guessing its because my uterus has moved up therfore pushing my organs up which are pushing on my stomach??!!! or am i talking complete rubbish? i really dont know but I am only 16 weeks ! anyone else like this? x

I haven't experienced this. Maybe try eating a snack or two in the afternoon, then a lighter meal at dinner? And certain types of foods (like fats) stay in the stomach longer so maybe you could stick to meats and veggies at dinner time and they'll go through a bit quicker...

I've had this too occasionally.
Trouble is I'm a late eater... I don't get home from work until gone 6pm and like to generally cook a proper meal so won't eat until about 7/7.30pm so when I'm in bed I feel almost a bit sick in my throat if that makes sense, and with the taste in my mouth like you said.
For me I think it's more going to bed too soon after food - I'm up at 6am so tend to be in bed around 9/9.30pm. Must try and make a conscious effort to eat smaller evening meals... it's tricky to break a habit like that though!

yea i get this and it gets worse the bigger you get!! lol my advise it try eating slower and when u feel yourself getting full just stop eating have smaller meals iff you eat 3 meals a day then try having 5 small meals a day. i went for a meal the other day and i ate loads!!! in the car on the way home i felt so ill and like i couldnt breath it was awfull!!! i can now feel baby all the way upto my ribs so im assuming i have no space in the at all anymore lol xxx

I get this too but think my main problem is that I work until 8pm and hate eating a proper meal alone at lunch time when DH is at work. He makes a meal for when I get home at about 8.30pm and we usually go to bed soon after as he gets up at 6am for work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->