Underactive thyroid turned overactive 22 weeks pregnant?

Holmarie12

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m 22 weeks pregnant and suffer with underactive thyroid since 15 years old so 11 years.
I see a consultant during pregnancy to monitor my thyroid levels.
At 14 weeks my thyroid hormone was at 5.9 so my dose was upped to 250mg per day from 200mg per day.
At 20 weeks my bloods were done again , within 6 weeks my level dropped from 5.9 to almost negative putting me in the overactive thyroid range!
In the whole time I’ve suffered with my thyroid my levels have never been so low, naturally the consultant has dropped my medication by 25mg and wants bloods repeating in 6 weeks.
She said however they don’t usually repeat bloods until 8 weeks as even in that time there’s not much change, so a massive drop in such a short time she’s really surprised I don’t feel unwell with it.
My only worry is the affects on baby if it’s not under control , so I’m in panic mode now.
I’ve read that stillbirth rate is 7x higher for women with thyroid issues.
Does anyone else suffer with a thyroid problem ? Xx

I have an underactive thyroid but was only on 50mg pre pregnancy. Now been upped to 75mg and seem to be doing fine on that.

It does sound unusual to have such a massive drop in that time but sounds like they’re keeping a close eye on it. I’d try not to worry. I think the stillbirth figures mainly come from people with untreated thyroid issues.

Hope everything will be ok when they retest

U should come join us all in the September due date group hon we need more ladies.

Find us in Pregnancy Groups And Discussions
September due date group 2021.

Be glad to have u.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back