Undressing at check-up with doctor??

FAB mama

Reaction score
What is the normal procedure for your LO's check-ups… well or sick visits?

At ours they've been doing weight, height and head size at the well visits and then weight at the sick visits. They stopped asking me to undress him when he was a baby. Do your children get undressed at doctor visits? We've only been for colds and stomach bugs so it never seemed necessary. I thought I had to get undressed or semi-undressed often at my own pediatrician visits when I was a child, but I can't remember if that was always the case.

Thanks… just wanting to make sure our doctor is doing all the normal things and not missing anything. I'm in the US and I know other countries are really different in the procedures, but I'd like to know anyway.

We are still asked to undress her at all appointments, well and sick. I'm not sure if there's a specific reason though?

We are still asked to undress her at check-ups but my LO has a hemangioma on her bottom so I'm not sure if it's just to check that or if she would otherwise.

The couple of times we've gone for other things (rashes, fevers, etc.) she hasn't been asked to undress.

Here if you're just going for a cold/virus we aren't asked to undress our LO unless his clothing is impeding listening to his chest with a stethoscope or something. They usually just ask us to lift up his shirts to check for rashes. A couple of times I've been asked to take his shoes and socks off but not every time. He's never had to get completely undressed just to see the doctor about a virus. They sometimes take his weight to update Pamol dose if needed, but it's clothes on estimate usually.

But if we go to an official well child check then the nurse does ask us to completely undress him and they do weight and height, etc.

I haven't had to undress the kids for anything apart from taking pants off for the 15 month imms since they were 9 months. From 9,FFro . Sorry my phone is being weird!

From 9, months they were weighed dressed.

No if he has an infection he isn't asked to undress, though at his paediatric appointments regarding his development he always strips off and has his height and weight checked.

I have never been asked to strip her for a virus although the doc lifted her top to listen to the chest so I suppose would have looked for a rash etc.

We were asked to strip her when she scalded herself to check for other injuries, as a child protection measure. Think that's fairly standard in hospital if your child has an accident that could potentially be a flag for abuse x

We are never asked to undress her unless there's a need. At 1 year, they started weighing her dressed.

Haven't been asked to undress for check ups since she was a baby.

Nope, not even for well baby visits. They used to when he was a little baby but we haven't been asked to undress in a long time. I was never asked to undress at my pediatricians office either that I can remember. Obviously I was when I was a baby but not from what I remember from childhood.

Here they ask us to undress them if they're being weighed, but I haven't taken him for ages. I presume they'll weigh him naked as part of his 2 year check. If we've taken him in because he's been ill then they've never undressed him, I've just undone some clothes if they needed to see any bit of him better. To be honest he's only seen the doctor a handful of times, and most of those were when he didn't gain weight as a newborn. If he's ill now I ring for a telephone appointment and my GP advises as to whether they need to see him, and so far they've never been concerned enough to say to bring him in. They're very good and always say they'll see him if it puts my mind at rest but I've always been happy with their verbal advice and reassurances.

Only at well visits and the doctor does briefly examine her diaper areas during those too.

If its a sick visit they may ask me to remove a layer so they can check her chest easily, but generally she keeps her clothes on.

I used to undress her for well visits I think before she turned 2. Now she just takes off her shoes for sick visits. I know when she was stripping they were doing it to get a better look at her skin for any rashes, etc.

i did when i was a kid. so then can see your diaphragm movement lung function etc and how your complexion looks and if there are signs of unexplained injuries etc.

DS2 just had his 2 yr appt a few weeks ago, and I had to undress him after he got weighed and measured, but she wanted him to be undressed to check his scrotum, feel abdomen, etc. I think the 2 yr appt may be the last I have to undress him for though, as I can't remember undressing DS1 for the past few visits.

I strip Thomas to his nappy for weight and full body medical exams. With his paediatrician he goes fully naked as she checks his scrotum, hips etc.

We still undress for all visits, sick or well child. They do her weight and height, and they want her undressed so they can get an accurate measurement. Then, we just put her diaper back on and they check over her whole body when the doc comes in for the appt. Now, I'm not sure what they'll do at the 2 year visit, since we haven't gotten there yet.

At her sick visit, she is weighed with her clothes on and no other measurements are taken. At her wellness visits, it's completely naked for measurements, and then he doctor takes a look before being dressed. She just had her 18m wellness and they weighed her with her diaper on, but the doctor opened her diape for a quick peek for rashes.

I'm in the us too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->