Unexpected and freaking out

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by Isla04, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Rags

Rags Mother of 1 boy

Hi, have you had a read through any of the threads in the 'single parents' forum? I know your partner is still in the picture, but as he's being so hands off it might be nice to see how others have tackled parenthood with less support? Many of the women have been in relationships that have broken down or where they have been 'left to it', some of the threads are from women who decided to become parents without having a partner at all. It's not the most active forum at the moment but there are lots of older threads to look through.

2. Kiwiberry

Kiwiberry Mommy to 3 miracles

How are things going hun?

3. Isla04

Isla04 Member

Sorry for the late update/reply. I'm doing ok I guess. The baby's due in exactly a month. I feel huge and so uncomfortable. I want it to be over but I'm also so scared of the moment I go into labor. I'm not happy about covid but I am happy that it gives me an excuse to not have to go anywhere or be seen by anyone. I mean my friends and family all know that I'm pregnant but it's less awkward not having to go to school in person and stuff.

It's going to be really hard when the baby gets here next month and school starts again. My bf and I are both doing all of our classes online and the baby won't be going to daycare or anything so we're going to be trying to take care of the baby and do our schoolwork. His mom is working from home full time and my mom is working from home part of the time so theyare going to help too. I'm really stressed about how it's all going to work out and just hoping he'll pull his weight with taking care of the baby because I already feel overwhelmed by everything.

4. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

I hope everything goes well ❤️

5. Rags

Rags Mother of 1 boy

It's so good to hear from you again, gosh, only a month, how mad is that!!
    Please, please know that feeling huge and overwhelmed and scared of labour and not knowing how you'll manage everything, all of it, it's really normal no matter what your age or how planned your pregnancy was or how prepared you thought you were to start a family. Your little family will be what you decide to make it like. Your families will love having a new baby about and you will learn to juggle better than you ever thought was possible - and if it doesn't feel like that for the first while then that's normal too.
    I hope you manage a nice Christmas and when you find you have some time to do something other than catching up with sleep, let us know how you're getting in. Xx

6. Tropiclands

Tropiclands Well-Known Member

Hello. I'm sorry that your boyfriend isn't being supportive. As others have suggested, you need to find others who are willing to listen and understand your situation.

7. Kiwiberry

Kiwiberry Mommy to 3 miracles

How are things going? Wondering if your little peanut has made an entrance yet :). If so, how did the delivery go? Hope you're enjoying all those lovely newborn snuggles.

8. daneuse27

daneuse27 Well-Known Member

Hey, I just found this thread. Isla, you should so brave. I couldn't imagine going through what you're going through now at your age. You have handled this with so much maturity and strength. I admire you.

I hope that your boyfriend, his parents and your parents are all going to support you.

By now your little bean must be born. I hope that all went well with the delivery and the early days. The early days can be tough but you will reminisce on them one day.

Sending hugs!