unexpected bfp after mc

Ginag88

First Time Mommy WTT#2
Reaction score
I had my mc in September. I was only 5 weeks pregnant. I didn't think I would get pregnant again so quick. A part of me wants to be excited but another part of be is scared to get attached, DH even shared these fears with me.

How can we move on to a more positive place with acceptance instead of being full of skepticism?

It's so hard. This baby was right after two back to back early losses. One thing I tried to do that helped a little was keep telling myself that every day I woke up still pregnant I was going to be grateful and smile. Obviously that's impossible to do all the time. Even if you have to force yourself to say it "today I am grateful to be pregnant and excited there is a baby growing inside of me". It helped my outlook a lot.. The more we say something, the more it enters our minds. I still worried constantly about cramps and back aches and normal things in the beginning...its normal to. We are mom's and it starts early to worry :) just take it easy, take care of yourself.. When possible try to relax.. Whatever helps you. Baths, reading, video games? A little walk, or prenatal yoga. Hope that helps a little. I know how you feel and it's rough :hugs:

I found it so hard. We had a mc in March then a very early one in July then found out I was pregnant again four weeks after. Even at ten weeks in full of worry. I've had two scans and listen in daily on a Doppler. It's so hard to
Enjoy pregnancy after a loss.

How long did you wait before making the announcement

We told our parents and siblings around 9 weeks since I knew I wasn't getting a 12 week ultrasound and I started showing early. We just moved so didn't have friends around we had to tell who saw us but I told one closed friend anyway. We just found out the gender at 21 weeks and announced both the pregnancy and gender at the same time on Facebook which I actually found fun. It was hard to wait at first but I ended up liking doing it that way. Basically those we told early were those we couldn't hide it from and those we didn't mind knowing if something happened. So I'd say it's a personal preference on your part.. I thought the support would be nice if something happened from those close to us. Talk to your dh too and see how he feels. I know if I hadn't been showing so soon, my dh would have preferred to wait to even tell family and I would have waited until he was comfortable too. :)

It's so hard. This baby was right after two back to back early losses. One thing I tried to do that helped a little was keep telling myself that every day I woke up still pregnant I was going to be grateful and smile. Obviously that's impossible to do all the time. Even if you have to force yourself to say it "today I am grateful to be pregnant and excited there is a baby growing inside of me". It helped my outlook a lot.. The more we say something, the more it enters our minds. I still worried constantly about cramps and back aches and normal things in the beginning...its normal to. We are mom's and it starts early to worry :) just take it easy, take care of yourself.. When possible try to relax.. Whatever helps you. Baths, reading, video games? A little walk, or prenatal yoga. Hope that helps a little. I know how you feel and it's rough :hugs:

This exactly, just showing gratitude for the life growing inside you is what has helped me. I'm pregnant for the third time this year (losses at 9 weeks in January and May). My husband is being so cautious and barely wants to talk about it, but I just want to be excited and happy until someone tells me otherwise. Loss is so hard, and everyone deals in different ways, so my way may not work for you, but just take it one day at a time. :hugs: I'm sorry for your loss, and hopeful for your new little life! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->