Uni & TTC?

princess_x0

Reaction score
Ok right so I'm back with my OH :happydance: and it WILL work this time :happydance::happydance:
But yeah, I have decided I want to do an access course next year and hopefully get into uni in 2011 to do a 3 yr course of midwifery. Thing is I want to start TTC with in the next few years! I will be going to be applying to uni of bedfordshire, only 20 minute drive from my house. I'm just wondering how hard this will be with a small child in tow. I know alot of people do it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has a child and has gone to uni? xx

well for me when im at college i have to focus entirely on it otherwise nothing will get done, if u have a child in education, it becomes difficult to find the time for a baby and studying as well as going to classes and constantly worrying about the babe when it is in daycare, i wouldnt do it personally but if you think you can cope then go for it.

Yeah I was thinking that too, but this uni is totally child friendly apparently, the days are like 10-4, most of the time finishing at 3, meaning only 6 hours away from LO a day, I know I would find it easy to juggle the work as I'm pretty self diciplined when it comes to stuff like that. I've also heard alot of good things about it, including the best uni in my area for midwifery, where I work now also give you childcare vouchers which would help :) xxx

hey hun i am doing my access course at the moment and then off to uni next year to do midwifery too. Yeah it was hard at first leavin liam at nursery, but he loves it now. I love being a mum and a student and as long as you have a good support network around you, you will be fine x

wow that sound good, well if u think u cn cope with it then go for it and good luck :D

hey hun i am doing my access course at the moment and then off to uni next year to do midwifery too. Yeah it was hard at first leavin liam at nursery, but he loves it now. I love being a mum and a student and as long as you have a good support network around you, you will be fine x

Hey thankyou :) I hope I will have a good support system, OH has told his parents what happened a few months ago and his mum wants to talk to me. I think she is very upset that she lost a grandchild and will definately be there for us in the future.
Are you doing a DLC course or in college? xxx

up in scotland its called an access to nursing course , if i pass that i get a conditional for uni doing midwifery x

Oh I see :) Just wondering if you're doing the distance learning centre access course as you do it at home x

youv only just got back 2gever hun dont you think you should concentrate on making it work then uni then a baby, as if you broke up you need 2 fix whatever went rong. dnt want u falling out again esp if u try 4 a baby

no im actually in at the college. its a fulltime course but it is only 3 days teaching and then after christmas we also do one days placement. so at the moment i still get 4 whole days with liam. are you looking to do it at college or at home x

youv only just got back 2gever hun dont you think you should concentrate on making it work then uni then a baby, as if you broke up you need 2 fix whatever went rong. dnt want u falling out again esp if u try 4 a baby

Thanks hun :) Yeah, we are waiting a year or two before we start ttc. He has told his mum about all the stuff that happened, and he seems to finally have got the knack of being honest. I hope, but yeah, I think we will make it. If we are still as good as we are now in a few years, then it's a defo yes. If not, then obviously won't be ttc. lol x

no im actually in at the college. its a fulltime course but it is only 3 days teaching and then after christmas we also do one days placement. so at the moment i still get 4 whole days with liam. are you looking to do it at college or at home x

Oh that sounds good :D I'm going to be doing the DLC course as I will be working full time and I can do it all in my own time x

Oooh, hope it all works out for you. I personally am trying to persuade my OH that we can ttc when i'm in my last year of uni but that wouldn't be the same situation as you as LO wouldn't be born until after i graduate.

Good luck for you katy. Have you tested? And yeah, I just have baby SO bad! I know I should really wait until after, but thats like 4/5 years away and I can't wait that long xxx

I can so understand not wanting to wait that long. I know i couldn't. I'm finding 2 years hard enough! :( I haven't tested yet, not at mine at the minute so can't test until i'm back which is tomorrow. But as i just wrote in my other thread, i've got cramps so pretty sure AF is on the way :cry: Sorry for hijacking your thread

My other half is at uni and he will be the primary care giver when I go back to work. Midwifery course is really intense, I personally wouldnt recommended having a baby and juggling uni. It will be very hard to juggle doing all your reading/homework with a new baby. Whereas if your working when you come home your just home. You wouldnt be able to give your 100% to the course. I worry how my OH is going to cope with the baby and his workload and it isnt nearly as intense as midwifery. You would also have to spend a lot of time working in hospitals as part of the degree. My best friend did the course and she found it such hard work without a baby and living at home. Maybe you could work it out so you have a year out at some point? I had to put my new job on hold because its too dangerous being pregnant and it really upset me but I got used to the idea that I dont need everything all at once. Plenty of time to fit everything in!

Np katy! You're always welcome to hijack my threads lol! I know I saw just now..My fingers are crossed tight for you! Throwing lots of baby dust your way!! xx

My other half is at uni and he will be the primary care giver when I go back to work. Midwifery course is really intense, I personally wouldnt recommended having a baby and juggling uni. It will be very hard to juggle doing all your reading/homework with a new baby. Whereas if your working when you come home your just home. You wouldnt be able to give your 100% to the course. I worry how my OH is going to cope with the baby and his workload and it isnt nearly as intense as midwifery. You would also have to spend a lot of time working in hospitals as part of the degree. My best friend did the course and she found it such hard work without a baby and living at home. Maybe you could work it out so you have a year out at some point? I had to put my new job on hold because its too dangerous being pregnant and it really upset me but I got used to the idea that I dont need everything all at once. Plenty of time to fit everything in!

I agree with this, my housemate does nursing and it's such an intense course, she has placements lasting for a few weeks every 6 weeks or so. And they're often really long shifts. It would be very very difficult. Maybe aim for a year out somewhere to have baba, maybe after the access course, before you go to uni

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->