United States is the worst country could health care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never felt that it was mandatory? I guess I know if I wanted to pay for private I could? I can't even begin to understand the US system now so I won't be ignorant and make any silly comments.
I truly do find the differences between our countries and stances on issues fascinating! I have a close friend from America who lived in th UK for 4 years and became a total NHS convert when she first arrived she totally didn't get the hype if you understand.

Yeah I think everyone over here wanted our own Obama but things seem so different now, I think world wide, Obamas falling from grace.

Your confusion is very typical, and is exactly how I believe Obama managed to get elected a second term lol. His supporters all over the country and on both sides of the political fence are taking a step back and saying now wait a minute....what the.....??

The Affordable Care Act or "Obamacare" is NOT like the NHS in many ways. And where young healthy individuals used to be able to choose to pay out of pocket for their expenses by having no coverage at all, now they're being forced to carry some sort of coverage. The trouble with that is the ACA premiums are FAAAAAR more expensive than what you pay into the NHS. And for really really substandard coverage unless you literally want to carve what easily amounts to a mortgage payment out of your family's income every single month. The poor already had coverage in this country as did the wealthy. The middle class can not remain middle class forking over money they don't have, nor can they afford to pay tax fines if they can't and that's what's happening in this country right now.

I love Sociology, so I understand your fascination with all this stuff completely even if it is messy :flower:

How long does he have left this term?
I've read back over your posts and I think I have a basic understanding, basically being very rich or very poor medically wise is okay but the middle, so most of the country now have healthcare plans forced on them they can't afford?
It is completely different to what we have. I can see why you are all so unhappy

Oh and I own a gun. It makes me feel safe here, because guns are part of our culture. I am trained and licensed. If I went to a country where guns were not legal, and gun crimes were not rampant, I would happily find another way to defend my family.

For the record, I live in and work in one of the most dangerous cities in the US.

But that's a different thread, LOL!

Bird walk.....are you talking gun safety trained or conceal carry? Only reason I ask is I'm seeing more and more women/mothers obtaining conceal carry permits and it always warms my heart lol

Ophelia, I guess something must have hit a chord with you to start swearing at me. So you were explaining, who's attacking who here? It's against this sites rules anyway.

Messica, I'll get right on my spellcheck with the words you picked out. The gun stuff was an analogy, I really don't wish to hear about everybody who proudly owns a gun in America, point missed. It's too bad all heckles are up, we should be able to speak without all this hate.

Perhaps you should review your own replies also? They haven't exactly been very friendly.

Oh and I own a gun. It makes me feel safe here, because guns are part of our culture. I am trained and licensed. If I went to a country where guns were not legal, and gun crimes were not rampant, I would happily find another way to defend my family.

For the record, I live in and work in one of the most dangerous cities in the US.

Bird walk.....are you talking gun safety trained or conceal carry? Only reason I ask is I'm seeing more and more women/mothers obtaining conceal carry permits and it always warms my heart lol

I have a conceal carry as do most of the people I know. We're in the south though, it's expected. My DS has his lifetime hunting and fishing license and he bagged his 1st deer this past season. He's 7. I don't expect people to understand our way of life but I do expect respect.

I've read back over your posts and I think I have a basic understanding, basically being very rich or very poor medically wise is okay but the middle, so most of the country now have healthcare plans forced on them they can't afford?
It is completely different to what we have. I can see why you are all so unhappy

Nailed it.

If you have a lot of money, or no money at all you're good. You can get completely free care from the government or obviously afford your own private insurance with no trouble.

If you're somewhere in the middle though and don't have access to private insurance via your employer or spouse, the government is now forcing you to purchase THEIR insurance, with sky high monthly premiums and annual deductions no one can afford, or face progressive fines come tax time each year. Obviously if one could have afforded such high premiums and deductibles they would have purchased private insurance a long time ago.....which leaves them in quite the pickle now that they don't have the choice to budget without it anymore.

Much thanks for you keeping your questions civil. I love talking about this stuff because there is so much misinformation out there. Even if you disagree it's at least important to have the correct stats :thumbup:

I have a conceal carry as do most of the people I know. We're in the south though, it's expected. My DS has his lifetime hunting and fishing license and he bagged his 1st deer this past season. He's 7. I don't expect people to understand our way of life but I do expect respect.

Based on your location that's exactly what I was wondering :thumbup:

Lifetime hunting and fishing licenses will be graduation gifts to our children but they've only just started to hunt. We fish year round and they've waterfowl, upland game and deer hunted, both bow and gun seasons, with us. I will be proud as a peacock when they can bag their own with no assistance. MN doesn't allow that until they are 12+

I not only respect but completely understand lol

Perhaps you should review your own replies also? They haven't exactly been very friendly.
Swearing at people, trying to be condescending by correcting spelling-it was off topic and not nice. I certainly haven't engaged that way. Having strong opinions should be OK on both sides. It really isn't about which country is better, simply about wanting for better (and understanding how to get there). Glad you're learning something from the thread & really glad others have spoken up too about their experiences. Access to healthcare is the problem (and topic-not guns) here as the OP stated :thumbup:

Messica - we bought DS license at birth for the savings. I think it was $300-400 7 years ago. It gradually goes up as they get older. Just in case you didn't know.

I personally don't hunt because I'm more of a nature loving hippie - but I don't look down on people who do. Lol I was really hoping DS wouldn't like it but he does so I don't discourage him. We're definitely getting our money's worth.

Nailed it.

If you have a lot of money, or no money at all you're good. You can get completely free care from the government or obviously afford your own private insurance with no trouble.

If you're somewhere in the middle though and don't have access to private insurance via your employer or spouse, the government is now forcing you to purchase THEIR insurance, with sky high monthly premiums and annual deductions no one can afford, or face progressive fines come tax time each year. Obviously if one could have afforded such high premiums and deductibles they would have purchased private insurance a long time ago.....which leaves them in quite the pickle now that they don't have the choice to budget without it anymore.

Much thanks for you keeping your questions civil. I love talking about this stuff because there is so much misinformation out there. Even if you disagree it's at least important to have the correct stats :thumbup:

Thank you so much for explaining it all! I completely see, understand and agree with your point of view now I have the facts! :thumbup:

Messica - we bought DS license at birth for the savings. I think it was $300-400 7 years ago. It gradually goes up as they get older. Just in case you didn't know.

I personally don't hunt because I'm more of a nature loving hippie - but I don't look down on people who do. Lol I was really hoping DS wouldn't like it but he does so I don't discourage him. We're definitely getting our money's worth.

:thumbup:

Swearing at people, trying to be condescending by correcting spelling-it was off topic and not nice. I certainly haven't engaged that way. Having strong opinions should be OK on both sides. It really isn't about which country is better, simply about wanting for better (and understanding how to get there). Glad you're learning something from the thread & really glad others have spoken up too about their experiences. Access to healthcare is the problem (and topic-not guns) here as the OP stated :thumbup:

You and you alone were the one that came in slingin mud about firearms.

So if things went off topic at that point it's on you.

An analogy, can't we understand what the original point meant and move on? If things went off topic it's because you were going off on someone's thread about your love for guns. Myintent was mentioned with context to the original topic, you threw the context out and went off about simple gun stuff BLEH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"