Unprotected sex 3 days after having ovulation pain

mummof1

Reaction score
Hey ladies ! I haven’t been on here in forever . I used this site religiously when TTC baby #2 and 3 !

So hubby and I had unprotected sex 3 days after I felt my typical ovulation pain (dull to sometimes strong ache on one side of my lower abdomen each month around ovulation time) .. I was experiencing some EWCM at the time we DTD but figured it was probably safe because I had felt that pain, 3 days prior .

Could there still be a chance I could have gotten pregnant ? We aren’t trying ... we just get tired of using condoms all the time so sometimes we won’t use them if we think it’s a “safe” time.

I’m now late for my period but I also felt that ovulation pain later in my cycle this time ... usually I feel it CD 15 (maybe 16/17 the latest)and this time I didn’t have ovulation symptoms even start until CD 18 and the pain was felt CD 19 and 20 ... we DTD CD 23.

Hope this isn’t confusing !
TIA for any replies :)

Oh yes every chance.
With one of mine I felt ovulation and has ewcm on the Saturday and didn't dtd til the following Thursday and some how fell pregnant- id be testing! What CD are you on?

Oh geez lol that’s crazy . I guess any time you don’t use protection, there’s a chance !
I’m on CD 30 , usually when I ovulate CD 15/16 I will get my period around CD 29/30.
I’m thinking with the late ovulation symptoms and pain maybe my period isn’t expected this cycle for another few days or so.

Yes definitely a chance as you don't necessarily have ovulation pains precisely when you ovulate, they can start a few days before, on the day, and go on afterwards. Are you testing?

Very true ... I don’t really know what that pain means !
I think since I did feel ovulation symptoms later in my cycle than usual, I might hold off on testing for a few more days . My luteal phase is almost always 14 days and right now , going by that pain, I’m at about 11 days.

Does it make sense that my cycle would be longer if ovulation was later than usual?

Yes, if you ovulated later in your cycle then you would have a longer cycle. Your luteal phase doesn't usually change and if it does, it doesn't usually vary by more than a couple of days. However, if you think you're about 11dpo then a test may work. Some are later and some earlier, but if you're happy to wait it out fair enough. I'm impatient and can't wait for anything lol

I took an FRER and I was absolutely convinced a line was forming . I could even see it after a few minutes but so faint unsure if it had colour ..now looking st it again it’s lighter somehow . So not sure what to think !!!
I might only be about 9 days past ovulation ... not sure since I don’t know what precisely I ovulated .
Ugh lol
I just want an answer

It’s so hard to capture it , I can’t see it as well in pictures as I can in real life but here it is

Attachments

• 3357C24E-2FA4-4D6F-9505-92288FE00D84.jpg
    3357C24E-2FA4-4D6F-9505-92288FE00D84.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 24
I held my pee and took another lol ugh I still don’t know ! It looks pink but it’s very very light

Attachments

• 5F15E333-4A65-41F5-B7B8-AF724C7CECC9.jpeg
    5F15E333-4A65-41F5-B7B8-AF724C7CECC9.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 24
I can see it clearly on the second picture for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->