Unreasonable?

I know what you mean... It's just I've waited so long to see those such ear
Y scan pics and they're mine and they're private. Maybe he can have copies of the later scans as a compromise.... After four losses if I lose this pregnancy and saw those images in an inappropriate place, or I found they'd shared with strangers I would never forgive....

I gave both grandparents copy's of my scans. It's exciting and they were excited too , its just a picture.

Maybe he just wants a scan photo of his grandchild.. My grandmother got a copy of our 12 week scan to go in a little card frame. It's inevitable they're going to be excited and want you to share these things with them as after all, baby will be part of their family too. Obviously personal info or certain issues with your pregnancy that you don't want to share is understandable but I don't exactly get where you're coming from. Just state to him that it's for him and not to share with everyone without your permission. Seems a bit paranoid to me.

I actually would agree with you OP. I find my scans personal to me so I don't share copies with parents. I just feel some things should be exclusive to me and my husband. I learnt fast when my in laws were sending very personal and raw photographs of DD1 in NICU to strangers(to us) and hubby's ex(at that point we didn't know if she would survive), and put her on their Xmas cards. It left some bitter taste. We now select photos they can have. They took an inch and ran a mile

I'm sure if you want a scrap book you would make one but you never know he might think it would be a nice surprise/gift for you, you could ask why he wants it or give a copy and say you don't want it on social networking sites or on internet anywhere I'm sure he would understand, I could understand you reacting like this if it were a stranger or a distant relative but grandparent of your unborn child is bound to be excited and happy and just want to share this exciting news with you.

I dont see why not i mean i am happy to give the grandparents a copy, my mam was in a coma when i first had my scan and she woke up a couple hours after i had it done so i showed her and pinned it.to her board for her motivation, i had a scan a week later and she managed to come to my next scan and i gave her that picture to show the nurses she was so excited to be coming that she told everyone all the nurses etc so she had a pic to show them baring in mind baby was a blob then. Two weeks and 3days after she came to my scan she passed away so unexpectedly, i put the two original scans i gave to her in her coffin with her so she had something of her grandchild that she will now never meet. However ive went a bit off track, the people who worked in the funeral home all saw them, people who visited and im so glad she had copys to look at when she wanted before she passed. I also lost a baby in august this year before this pregnancy so this baby was just as precious to her as it was to me.

You have been through alot so if you dont want to give him the photo now then a later one is totally reasonable he will be able to make baby out better on a later scan anyway, good luck with your pregnancy :) x

Personally I wouldnt mind. I scanned my ultrasound pic then cropped out all the medical info, name etc. Totally up to you but if he asks again and you're not comfortable with it just politely tell him you feel these are private pictures for yourself and husband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->