Unreliable Clear Blue Digital Pregnancy Test - WARNING!!

I finally got 3+ at 5w4d. I'll never use these again

I agree - these are unreliable and not worth the stress! I had levels of 77 on a Friday, took a test with my first urine on the following Wed am and got "1-2 weeks" and had blood work that afternoon. I unnecessarily stressed myself out, when my levels came back at 589. From what I've read online, levels over 200 should show 2-3 weeks on a clearblue test. Nearly 600 should definitely show 2-3 weeks, but still showed 1-2. Save your money, save your stress (easier said than done!). Good luck to everyone.

I'm glad to see other people have issues with this test as well. I found out a few weeks ago that I'm pregnant for the very first time..my last period was Christmas Day, so that puts me at 8 weeks. I saw a commercial for this test and thought "why not?" And bought one. I just took it and it said I was only 1-2 weeks...I about had a heart attack. I called my doctor right away and before I could even get the words out she told me not to worry. My first appointment isn't until March 3rd so that's easier said than done. My only hope is that I have been completely miserable since the day I found out. I've lost 10 pounds because I've been so sick and can't keep anything down, so I'm hoping that means the pregnancy is progressing. Has anyone else been this far along and gotten the same results only to find out everything is okay? Any peace of mind would help!

Okay I just wanted to post a quick update. I waited two days and took the second test in the pack, and it now says 3+ weeks, so I feel much better! How it can go from 1-2 weeks to 3+ in two days beats me, but clearly it's not as reliable as they say. It caused me a lot of panic for no reason. I did see on another post that if your 6 weeks or more past ovulation, the test can give unpredictable results, but I don't know how true that is. I have my doctor appointment in two weeks So we'll know for sure how everything is going, but I will never use these tests again!

Clearblue digital are terrible, I got 1-2 pregnant, when I was not even pregnant! Got bloods done that day and it showed negative.

I use them for a photo for the baby book AFTER a line test confirms pregnancy.

Hi I'm new to this and just been reading up on some of the stories and just wonderd if any one could help x I had been spotting and clots 8 days before I was due my period so on Friday the 13 June I did a clear blue test and it came up positive 3+. So I waited till Tuesday morning first urine of the day and the other clear blue test come out 1-2 I was scared I was maybe having a mc due to the drop of hcg. So I waiting and got another two tests and this morning Wednesday 18 June I took it again and it still says 1-2 I'm verry confused and my docs appointment is until next Thursday why would it say 3+ first and then 1-2 hopefully someone can shed a little light on this thanks x

Hi I'm new to this and just been reading up on some of the stories and just wonderd if any one could help x I had been spotting and clots 8 days before I was due my period so on Friday the 13 June I did a clear blue test and it came up positive 3+. So I waited till Tuesday morning first urine of the day and the other clear blue test come out 1-2 I was scared I was maybe having a mc due to the drop of hcg. So I waiting and got another two tests and this morning Wednesday 18 June I took it again and it still says 1-2 I'm verry confused and my docs appointment is until next Thursday why would it say 3+ first and then 1-2 hopefully someone can shed a little light on this thanks x

They are unreliable and inaccurate as others have posted. You need repeat HCG testing...good luck!!

I was still getting 2-3 at 6w +1 and in a real panic. I'd had a bit of spotting and thought it was the end. I was referred to EPAU because of spotting and there was Beanie perfect for dates and a lovely heartbeat.

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A CB DIGI AGAIN!!! They are the work of the devil!!!

I finally got 3+ at 5w4d. I'll never use these again

Hi!!
I know this post is old, but I was just wondering the result of this. Were you indeed pregnant? Did you miscarry?

I am having the same issue with the ClearBlue and am very, very nervous about losing it... considering I've just gone through three miscarriages in the past year. Please let me know! Thanks sooooo much!

Same thing happened to me... Scared me to death. First time I took the test I got a 3+ weeks the next 6(!) tests I took said 2-3 weeks. All is well though I am now 15 weeks pregnant. I will never use these tests again.

now I'm glad I can't find those tests here. With my history, 7 m/c, I would totally freak out

Iv always taken them with a pinch of salt because they are only a guidline...also concentrated urine can cause it to say more weeks than you are and dilute can cause less weeks than you are...personally they have always been accurate with me so im happy to use them xx

I had a similar experience with these in my last pregnancy. Read 2-3 in the morning and 3+ in the afternoon. Had an hcg blood test done that same morning and it was around 5000 (a heck of a lot more than the 2000 threshold)!

I think if used in the strict purpose as a novelty, something to take a pic in a baby book you should be fine. It is when we look at them to see that the pregnancy is progressing we get in trouble.

With that being said I got a positive with an HCG of 2 (negative under 5) as I had bloods that day to confirm the pregnancy.

Technology is getting better just not there quite yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->