Unsatisfied cravings

pandn

Reaction score
Hey ladies I currently pregnant with my second. With my first pregnancy I craved very plain foods, eg. I craved plain jelly. When I ate it, it hit the spot.
Now with this pregnancy, I'm craving very random things. First thing I craved was stuffed bittermelon soup. When I made it, I enjoyed it, but it didn't hit the spot. It felt like something was missing. Then I craved spicy food. I have used all sorts of hot sauce to add to my foods. Again it tastes good, but not quite hitting the spot. I thought it was because maybe I didn't make it right or I didn't get the right things.
But just 2 hours ago, I craved boiled eggs. I made sure I boiled them to perfection. When I peeled them and opened them up, all of them were made exactly how I like them. But after the first bite I am left disappointed again.
I feel so upset that I feel like crying. Mind you I never cry over food. Food to me is just to survive. Has anyone ever felt like this? I feel so lost.:dohh:

I had this. The only thing that worked for me is cutting up a lemon and biting into it. It really shocked my taste buds for a bit of relief. I also find drinking cloudy lemonade and lucizade helped.

I get this when pregnant, but with drinks! Drives me bonkers!

I've never gotten that but even when I'm starving and dying for a delicious meal, nothing is really tasting great. Everything is just okay. Another annoying pregnancy symptom that will pass. I like the lemon idea, you should give that a shot!

Thanks ladies :flower:
I think I was just having a hormonal day yesterday.:haha:
I will try the lemon thing as soon as I go get some

This happens to me all the time. I'm definitely trying the lemon trick, too!

Yep. I'm currently dreaming of the two sandwiches that I always get at my two fave restaurants. One is a buffalo chicken sandwich that is on grilled cheesey bread with coleslaw slathered inside. Sloppy as heck to eat but omg is it ever good....*drool* But a few weekends ago, we went to that restaurant and I got it. Did not taste AT all like I've been dreaming it does. :( The other sandwich is a Rachel-it's like a Reuben but with turkey and coleslaw instead of corned beef and saurkraut. But I cannot find anything that satisfies that craving either. I've tried recreating it at home (which I've done in the past with decent success) but nope. I can't justify going to that restaurant just for the sandwich-it's a higher end brunch/lunch cafe and the food is a bit pricey so it's one of those places we go like once or twice a year...

It sucks because I have no appetite right now and everything tastes so bland. Except dark chocolate...Now THAT I could eat all day long. :haha:

Peppermint chocolate helped me as well as tonic water but then I red something which said you should drink too much. I enjoyed sliced oranges as well. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->