unschooling in the uk?

Oh, and it was my mum who instilled the love of books, not a teacher... my mum rocks!

I homeschool my eldest son (he's nearly 6). Plan to keep it up with all of them if I can! Here in Canada, you can register as a 'distance learner'. You meet the provincial learning requirements and get funding to choose your own curriculum supplies, music lessons, art lessons, ect., and your child is able to get a graduation certificate. Some restrictions, but a lot of freedoms! We finished the prescribed learning outcomes for K within a few months, and now are just having a great ol time doing what we choose! He's already ahead in several areas, because we take the time to explore his interests. It's fun :)

As to your husband worrying about socialization, there's some great books on the topic that you could get him to read! It's everyone's first concern for homeschooled kids, but it really is blown way out of proportion. I think homeschooled kids are really better socialized because they can related to many more age levels that just their peers, as that's what they get used to. Far more of a life skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->